The Student Room Group

Exit polls: Merkel's CDU beaten into 3rd place by AfD, in an east German state

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good riddance. Her and her EU bumchum Hollande were constantly raving on about the EU political union. Look where it got them? Both to be out of power soon and good riddance. Shows neither were actually in touch with reality or their supporters.
Reply 2
Excellent news. :u:

AfD will also get at least 10% in Berlin in two weeks.
Wonderful. With the Front National, Freedom Party, and now the AFD, it's been a good year for the far-right. Now let's hope the movement can expand to Britain.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Political union is a good thing, Mr Alex Jones; it is not synonymous with crippling/suicidal Political Correctness or Social Justice.

Unfortunately, Merkel is not going anywhere; enough Germans will vote for the SPD and CDU to get her in power again, and if necessary, I imagine that the coalition would expand to include the FDP or the Greens.

Not really. It's not one shoe size fits all. The EU political union is like taking 28 people with different shoe sizes 5-11 and telling them all to wear shoe size 8. Do you reckon that will work?

Every country has different cultures, religious beliefs, languages, political slants and even in some cases currencies you can't just bundle them all up in the same package and set one set of rules for them all. Its clearly not going to work. I voted remain purely on the basis of the single trade market. But we don't need further integration into a political union, what we need is the dissembling of the EU and keeping the original agreement of the EU single trade market.

You know the original EU treaties were drawn up by an Italian communist? Says enough about the EU motives.

I reset my case.
Reply 5
2016_09_05_01_01_27_Landtagswahl_in_Mecklenburg_Vorpommern_2016_Wikipedia.jpg
Obviously we need a tiered system in Europe at the moment - personally, I favour different systems for Northern Europe, Eastern Europe, and Southern Europe - but political unity is a reasonable goal for the future.

And its not like the EU in its present state is too dissimilar from what we do in the UK, or what happens in the US; do you think all US states are exactly the same? Or that Wales is not vastly different to London?

Comparing Texas to California is not similar to comparing Warsaw to London... What world are you living in? Can you imagine if Mexico became a state of US. Do you reckon that would work?
Reply 8
Make Germany German again.

Make Europe, European again.

When will those who cry racism understand what you're supporting is racist against us?

Only difference is they call it karma, and justify genocide of our populations.

Very progressive...

I am calling for a stop in all immigration, and a slow reversal of immigration over time.

Not genocide.
Worrying stuff. They should be first.
We will probably see a Nazi Germany 2.0 in our lifetimes and that saddens/worries me.
Reply 11
I'm also very happy that the über cucks - the Greens - didn't pass the 5% threshold. :u:
What a ridiculous thing to say. And even if that were true, if they were true Nazis, they would welcome Islam as a replacement for Christianity, not oppose it.

Its not ridiculous, given the increasing far-right sentiment all across Europe.

We have been seeing politicians using the problems of terrorism and migration to fuel their far-right campaigns, just as Hitler did but with economic crises and unfair foreign policy.
Obviously this doesn't mean we're going to see a modern day equivalent to the Nazis with identical policies, but any far-right group with any beliefs is what is being emphasised here.
Reply 13
From a German perspective, I found the result of the vote shocking. Well, it didn't exactly surprise me but I think it's a dangerous future ahead of us..
Though, you have to take into account that this is just MV- for instance, it's in former eastern Germany and the former GDR states vote far more "extreme" (not extremist necessarily but they have high support for both far right and far left) than other parts of Germany. So when 21% of MV vote for the AfD, that's not 21% of Germany.
I find the result ridiculous, especially since MV has a very low percentage of foreigners living there. It seems that in parts of the country with less foreigners, there is more fear of them. Also, most people voting for them are either jobless or don't earn much - which is really funny when you consider their policies. It just shows that those voters did not care about anything but the immigrants. It's more a protest vote than anything else, I suppose..
Good news but the damage has been done.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Good news but the damage has been done.

more damage will be done with the prevalence of far-right parties
Original post by alevelstresss
more damage will be done with the prevalence of far-right parties

Completly agree but people are angry and they are being ignored and called racist by idiots.

I'm much older than you and you'll find I've been arguing that igoring peoples concerns about immigration and name calling will result in a rise in the far right while you were still in nappies (unlike you I was politically active 20 years ago when I was demonstrating with anti facist organisations fighting real racists and fascists (and I do mean fighting))

All I am seeing now are my concerns coming to fruition (and idiots are still name calling) and while I do have a smug sence of satisfaction because I can say I told you so I also have a sence of dread of what is to come (and it's not from the far right )
Reply 17
Europeans want their country back.

Good on the Germans but they should be in 1st place really.

Germany has been cucked since WW2 ended and their people were mass raped, murdered and deported from all over Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
I'm also very happy that the über cucks - the Greens - didn't pass the 5% threshold. :u:

Was it their guy with that 60 genders nonsense?
Reply 19
Original post by JamesN88
Was it their guy with that 60 genders nonsense?

No, it was in the Brandeburg Parliament.

Quick Reply

Latest