The Student Room Group

Any mature tsrians who have completed their studies?

Anyone here who has completed their education? What are you doing now? Do you still have the study bug and want to go further with your studies?
Nice thread.

Whilst i am not a mature student yet, i will be soon and plan to further my education if i can.
Reply 2
Not completed yet. I did an access course when my son was a year old. Then BSc in 2014, just started a masters this year, and hopefully after that a PhD. Yes, I have the study bug. It's so rewarding.
Original post by novyi
Not completed yet. I did an access course when my son was a year old. Then BSc in 2014, just started a masters this year, and hopefully after that a PhD. Yes, I have the study bug. It's so rewarding.

Good going, the access must've been tough whilst balancing it with personal life. What did you study for bsc, what you doing for masters? And any hopes of getting a funded PhD?
Reply 5
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Completed my studies but I'm not mature :lol:
Original post by UWS

:toofunny:aww man i laughed way too hard at that lol
ure more mature than me :colondollar:
but hehehePRSOM tho :emo:
Reply 7
Original post by ApplyYourself
Good going, the access must've been tough whilst balancing it with personal life. What did you study for bsc, what you doing for masters? And any hopes of getting a funded PhD?

Thank you! Yes it was really hard, mostly just getting used to that kind of workload. My Bsc was in biology, and my MA is in anthrozoology. And yes, I will be looking for a funded PhD, assuming I don't screw up the masters :smile:
Original post by novyi
Thank you! Yes it was really hard, mostly just getting used to that kind of workload. My Bsc was in biology, and my MA is in anthrozoology. And yes, I will be looking for a funded PhD, assuming I don't screw up the masters :smile:

I'm jealous of you, if I wasn't so worried about doing a degree which prepares me for a specific career i would've done exactly what you're doing :smile: What's your masters in and what do you want to study at PhD level?
Reply 9
I'm jealous of you, if I wasn't so worried about doing a degree which prepares me for a specific career i would've done exactly what you're doing :smile: What's your masters in and what do you want to study at PhD level?

You wouldn't be jealous if you knew the job struggles I've had with being either under-qualified or over-qualified with just a Bsc! :smile:My masters is in anthrozoology, and for PhD I'm not sure yet, obviously it depends on what projects are around at the time and how my interests have developed. But something to do with wildlife conservation for sure.
Original post by UWS

Greetings from a fellow man-child, although I'm just becoming a "mature" student at uni. :smile:
I graduated in 2015, been working for the past year and start a PhD in about a week from now!
Reply 12
Anyone here who has completed their education? What are you doing now? Do you still have the study bug and want to go further with your studies?

Started my degree aged 44, went on to a Masters then a PhD (which took 3+ years before anyone realised it wasn't feasible!). Still lurking around my last uni, picking up short Research Assistant contracts and supplementing wages with two supermarket shifts a week. Being contract staff at uni allows me to sneak into guest/postgrad lectures and field trips, and I even give the occasional undergrad seminar.

So technically I've finished studying, but I'm going to drag out the unofficial stuff as long as possible. Eight years and counting so far... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending