The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol, this site gives me cancer. Only gonna use it for academic advice and ISOC from now. Dx
Original post by mil88
Peace be upon all.

I haven't been on this forum for some time now and would like to post one of the most profound statements I have read concerning self humility with respect to the Al Mighty.

"Were it not incumbent on me to obey thy command, I would declare thee far too exalted for my worship"

PRSOM

BTW, this was Imam Ali Ibn Hussain right?
I have a quick question: what is the reward for fasting on the Day of Arafah? And is it on Sunday 11th?
Thank You!!
Original post by BasharAssad
Long live assad!

I'm not sure if you considered the implications of this statement when you posted it.

Given that Assad has commanded a significant number of attacks on civilans, it's horrendous for someone to knowingly big him up in response to seeing a child in such a condition.

Regardless of your political stance, I ask that you be considerate of your comments.

As per Islamic teaching, I do not accuse anyone of anything - rather I assume the best case scenario. I hope that the above post was submitted without considering the above, and that you, my brother in Islam, will retract the post in response to the video.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zara0526
I have a quick question: what is the reward for fasting on the Day of Arafah? And is it on Sunday 11th?
Thank You!!

The reward is the forgiveness for the previous and next years sins. Yes it is on Sunday the 11th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zara0526
Thank You!!

Assalaamu alaykum

Please see here: https://islamqa.info/en/7284

And yes, afaik :h:
Original post by mariapops
Anyone here going to Newcastle uni in September?

You should be fine in newcastle. There aren't many Muslim in comparison to other unis but they have a great Isoc.
57:22
Sahih International:
No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -
9:51

Sahih International:
Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely.
Untitled.jpg
Original post by ash92:)
I'm not sure if you considered the implications of this statement when you posted it. Given that Assad has commanded a significant number of attacks on civilans, it's horrendous for someone to knowingly big him up in response to seeing a child in such a condition. Regardless of your political stance, I ask that you be considerate of your comments. As per Islamic teaching, I do not accuse anyone of anything - rather I assume the best case scenario. I hope that the above post was submitted without considering the above, and that you, my brother in Islam, will retract the post in response to the video.
I stand by my original statement.
Original post by BasharAssad
I stand by my original statement.

May you stand by him on the day every soul will be held accountible.
Original post by Al-farhan
May you stand by him on the day every soul will be held accountible.
oh yes scary :tongue: