The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah there's a big difference between using homophobic language and killing someone.
Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah there's a big difference between using homophobic language and killing someone.

Original post by xKay
Homophobia and murder not comparable

theres a big difference between me ****ing your girlfriend and me kissing her..*

Doesnt mean you wont be pissed at either.

Ofcourse your reaction would be proportionate.. Maybe a punch for a kiss, maybe worse after I **** her..

Same with the FA, a suspension/fine for some bad remarks... *a life-time ban and life in prison for murdering someone..*
Original post by sr90
Because they're disgusting

What if someone committed murder and their crime was only discovered 4 years later, should the person be acquitted because it was 4 years ago?

What sort of message does it send out about the FAs stance on racism or homophobia? They had to punish him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

Let's not be homophobia apologists here. What he said was disgusting. Actions speak louder than words too - curious if he has done anything for the lgbt community rather than send a statement that has clearly been drafted for him.

He deserves some punishment for this anyway. Homophobia has a bad enough name in football as it is. No tolerance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he wasn't playing professional football at the time, I don't think it should be punished. Looks like he was at Luton who were in the conference at the time. I think the comments should therefore be a police matter. But equally, I wouldn't have a problem with the FA punishing it to set an example, but it sets a precedent that could potentially get out of hand. What if a player in his 30s wrote something on MySpace when he was playing Sunday league football?

Aguero news any minute!
(edited 7 years ago)
Aguero misses two games 😓
He's banned for 2 PL games, Aguero. Not sure whether to bench him or just get someone in for 2 matches.

Guess I should since I played my Wildcard, one of the reasons for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
He's banned for 2 PL games, Aguero. Not sure whether to bench him or just get someone in for 2 matches.

Sell and wildcard back? Loss in value is quite important this early on. I wouldn't bench tbh as that's a lot of potential points you'd be playing a bench player ahead of a big striker.
Hazard or Ibra for captain?
Near enough everyone in my league has Ibra as captain so might play it safe but feel Chelsea have more chance of goals against Swansea
Original post by The Monk
Hazard or Ibra for captain?
Near enough everyone in my league has Ibra as captain so might play it safe but feel Chelsea have more chance of goals against Swansea

Ask again in a week.
I would love to see Gray punished for his tweets. It's about time the FA took homophobia as seriously as racism and this is a good first step. It does seem strange punishing him for tweets made four year ago but if you work in a public facing role you should be prepared for any twatish past to catch up with you at some point just as David Cameron learned with his pig friend.

I say that as a guy who has Gray in their team too. But as a gay man I can't wait to get rid and there's no better excuse than him getting a ban. If he gets banned I'll have both him and Aguero not playing with one transfer already made and three defenders and a keeper showing yellow so I may be forced to wildcard on Monday. Though I doubt the validty of any yellows during an international break.
Luke Shaw withdraws from England duty as a precaution.
The yellow flags annoy me - I think they should scrap them. So many sales of Stones because of it, yet he was named yesterday in the XI to play for England tomorrow ffs.
I'm completely turned off Lamela now Spurs have signed Sissoko & NKoudou. Can see a lot of rotation and Pochettino is hardly going to drop Eriksen or Alli. Need to look for another mid priced midfielder.
Are people transferring Aguero out? Presumably I've already missed a price drop?
Original post by Zerforax
Are people transferring Aguero out? Presumably I've already missed a price drop?

I was gonna play WC since "apparently" Stones, Walker and Snodgrass were all injured, however they all played yesterday. I don't see any major advantage of wild carding now unless you barely have a starting XI.

So I've benched Aguero for now and I will have a decent squad anyway. You're better off WCing him back in in my opinion so if you're gonna get rid now, make it a FT.
Aguero already dropped by 0.1 last night. Could drop more. 3 match ban but 2 in PL, but I guess many will think it's 3 PL matches?
Original post by mr tim
Aguero already dropped by 0.1 last night. Could drop more. 3 match ban but 2 in PL, but I guess many will think it's 3 PL matches?

Yeah I'm toying with just benching him for the 2 GWs...I've already wildcarded so could be carnage trying to get him back in later.

Though the flip side though would be if he drops to 12.9 or lower you could end up with a cheeky 0.1 or 0.2 extra in the bank, but I have no idea how likely that is to happen.
Personally used my 2fts to swap out guero and cout (who has grim fixtures) for Sanchez and Lukaku giving me 1.5 itb.

Will probably beef up my keeper or a mid for next week with the extra capital thej wildcard to get Aguero back in
Personally took a 4pt hit taking Aguero and Gray out for Lukaku and Costa and I'll just wait 2 GW's, saving my transfer and than bring Aguero back in and some other cheap striker.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Personally took a 4pt hit taking Aguero and Gray out for Lukaku and Costa and I'll just wait 2 GW's, saving my transfer and than bring Aguero back in and some other cheap striker.

I'm shipping out Aguero, trying to decide between:

Lukaku £9m (easy fixtures)
Benteke £7.4m (easy fixtures)

Lukaku hasn't scored in the Prem for ages whereas Beneteke is unproven, but I can't see any other candidates. i don't have Ibrahimovic but the Manchester derby could be a stalemate with Jose involved.

This would free up a lot of cash, and I could then upgrade my fourth midfielder (Kante) to Sterling or De Bruyne for the following week when they are away to Swansea.

Thoughts appreciated!

Latest