The Student Room Group

Am I screwed for my application for uni after my AS results......

I got my AS results on results day..

A sociology
B politics
E economics

I was shocked at my economics grade as I did well in my mocks and came top 50 out of 1200 in an economics competition. I went to my school today and my teachers had a look at my papers and I was 2 marks of a D and they said there is a good chance of my grade going up to a D when it is being remarked. HOWEVER, my sixth form is basing my predicted grades on my AS grades which means I am going to end up with ABD. I am not happy with that considering I want to apply to a university with grade requirements of ABB. Am I going to get rejected or possibly get an offer considering I have a strong personal statement and good references.
Reply 1
I was one grade from Oxford which meant rejection so in my experience they won't take a second look at that.

It might be worth looking at other Universities around the area. Have any others tickled your fancy? I'll see what I can find.

Goose
Reply 2
Original post by costa21
I got my AS results on results day..

A sociology
B politics
E economics

I was shocked at my economics grade as I did well in my mocks and came top 50 out of 1200 in an economics competition. I went to my school today and my teachers had a look at my papers and I was 2 marks of a D and they said there is a good chance of my grade going up to a D when it is being remarked. HOWEVER, my sixth form is basing my predicted grades on my AS grades which means I am going to end up with ABD. I am not happy with that considering I want to apply to a university with grade requirements of ABB. Am I going to get rejected or possibly get an offer considering I have a strong personal statement and good references.

Have you thought about resitting your AS Economics components next year, when doing your A2 exams? I was in a similar situation with my Psychology grades so I resat my AS exams with all of my A2 exams and it was fine
I know someone who got grades CDEU at AS and still got all 5 offers from universities offering her a place if she gets AAB. So I don't think your AS results matter too much
Reply 4
As results dont count so if youve done well throughout the year im sure your teacher can predict you a B with some persuasion
Original post by GeorgiaG1107
I know someone who got grades CDEU at AS and still got all 5 offers from universities offering her a place if she gets AAB. So I don't think your AS results matter too much

What the bloody!
Original post by GeorgiaG1107

Do you remember their subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest