The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vividly clear
Both are top Universities, especially Edinburgh, they are another university I'll rank above KCL. Birmingham is as good but not better than KCL.

May I ask what you study? Also why make a thread like this, other than to boost your own ego and to spite other people and make them feel bad about their university choice?
Reply 141
Keep telling yourself that.

I'm sure their prestigious Politics Medicine and Law degrees are "terribly hopeless" and you going to maybe Westminster university has a top degree.

Prestigious? you are perhaps going too far. Just because it has the name 'King's College' doesn't mean you are attending one of the colleges in Cambridge.

Kings is definitely respected, I'm not going to dispute that. However, living expenses are a complete whitewash and I can get better employment prospects elsewhere for Computer Science, like Southampton, Kent, Swansea etc
Reply 142
The prince of all saiyans you peasant troll

I don't even know what that means.

Keep trying to convince yourself your uni is amazing.
Original post by alow
Just accept it. For undergraduate courses KCL is decidedly mediocre.

They're really good for postgraduate (in fact I am looking at applying there for a PhD) but for undergrad they're really nothing special.

Depends on course
Reply 144
pls no
Original post by Dnkz7
Prestigious? you are perhaps going too far. Just because it has the name 'King's College' doesn't mean you are attending one of the colleges in Cambridge.

Kings is definitely respected, I'm not going to dispute that. However, living expenses are a complete whitewash and I can get better employment prospects elsewhere for Computer Science, like Southampton, Kent, Swansea etc

You really don't know what you're talking about. I didn't call the Computer science department prestigious (even though it's top 10 in the uk according to telegraph)

I was talking about their politics, law and medicine courses which are very prestigious especially their Law department.
Original post by alow
I don't even know what that means.

Keep trying to convince yourself your uni is amazing.

They have already convinced me coming 19th in the QS world tables 27th in the THE world league tables and 50th in the ARWU World league tables
Reply 147
They have already convinced me coming 19th in the QS world tables 27th in the THE world league tables and 50th in the ARWU World league tables

Ranking tables aren't really that important.
Original post by alow
Ranking tables aren't really that important.

You really aren't that important
Original post by alow
pls no

pls go
Reply 150
You really don't know what you're talking about. I didn't call the Computer science department prestigious (even though it's top 10 in the uk according to telegraph)

I was talking about their politics, law and medicine courses which are very prestigious especially their Law department.

Thats in your opinion, the league table says otherwise. Pretty sure Cardiff holds more repute than Kings for Medicine. Politics, well arguably there are better universities out there like LSE for instance. Finally, law... Lol dont even get me started pls. Save your breath, you are deluding yourself brother
Reply 151
You really aren't that important

I'm not the one quoting league table rankings.

Go to uni, be happy with it. If you keep trying to justify it to others you'll just be miserable.
Original post by Dnkz7
Thats in your opinion, the league table says otherwise. Pretty sure Cardiff holds more repute than Kings for Medicine. Politics, well arguably there are better universities out there like LSE for instance. Finally, law... Lol dont even get me started pls. Save your breath, you are deluding yourself brother

Do expand. I agree with you that KCL is overrated, but their Law department is great.
Original post by alow
I'm not the one quoting league table rankings.

Go to uni, be happy with it. If you keep trying to justify it to others you'll just be miserable.

You really are a troll because I never tried to justify anything initially.

All I did was mention Uni's that I thought were overrated imo and people started attacking my Uni because they attended the uni's I mentioned
Reply 154
You really are a troll because I never tried to justify anything initially.

All I did was mention Uni's that I thought were overrated imo and people started attacking my Uni because they attended the uni's I mentioned

Why do you care what universities are overrated though?
Original post by Dnkz7

You obviously do not know what you're talking about. KCL is top ten in Education, Food science, Dentistry, Law, Economics classical and ancient history along with music.

And KCL's Law department is 4th in the UK so obviously talking to you is futile my friend.
Reply 156
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Do expand. I agree with you that KCL is overrated, but their Law department is great.

They are definitely up there for Law, but to call it prestigious, that like in the same echelon as Oxbridge and they are no where near that level.
Original post by alow
Why do you care what universities are overrated though?

It's just a chat, which is why I asked it on the chat section.

I didn't come here to debate, it was the offended trolls that decided to go after me and the Uni
I Never said that you troll
Nah you are trolling your own thread by making a fool of yourself. If KCL are SUPERIOR to Manchester, Nottingham and Birmingham then what are they to Sheffield?

PS-Wouldn't be surprised if you gave a *****y answer
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Nah you are trolling your own thread by making a fool of yourself. If KCL are SUPERIOR to Manchester, Nottingham and Birmingham then what are they to Sheffield?

PS-Wouldn't be surprised if you gave a *****y answer

KCL is also superior to Sheffield.

Saying that doesn't make me a troll, nor does it translate a *****y answer.

Latest

Trending

Trending