The Student Room Group

Which subject to drop ?

Hello guys, i just had my A/s result. I achieved A in finance, A in Maths, B in physics and C in Applied ICT. I am confused which one to drop for the second year between ICT and finance. I want to study mechanical engineering in the future therefore ICT will be useful for me, however i have better grade in finance which will help me to meet the requirement for universities. Can u guys help me to decide please,thank you
This does seem to be quite a difficult situation! I'd say just pretend you haven't got your grades back - if finance won't be any use to you at university then drop it. You have the A in maths that'll be of use to you for university I gather.

Just work on your ICT grade and you'll be okay in my eyes :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlemix012
This does seem to be quite a difficult situation! I'd say just pretend you haven't got your grades back - if finance won't be any use to you at university then drop it. You have the A in maths that'll be of use to you for university I gather.

Just work on your ICT grade and you'll be okay in my eyes :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but most of universities require A B B :frown:
Original post by Tien Minh Pham
Yeah but most of universities require A B B :frown:

I know but you can bring your ICT grade up, it'll be quite hard to but you can if you really enjoy the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know but you can bring your ICT grade up, it'll be quite hard to but you can if you really enjoy the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
But i want to ask u if the a/s results count when i apply for universities ?
Only for the top universities, but they don't count towards actual a Level grades anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only for the top universities, but they don't count towards actual a Level grades anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you mean ?
Original post by Tien Minh Pham
What do you mean ?

We do our AS and A2 exams all together at the end of next year

Quick Reply

Latest