The Student Room Group

Whats it like to study Economics at university?

Iam currently in the process of deciding what to study at university, and i am considering economics, but i have a few questions, such as is it interesting and challenging, is it competetive to get into and do you have spare time to explore other aspects of uni life. I have not studied economics at A-Level, but i do study maths, will I find it more difficult that those who have done economics A-Level. Also, are graduate prospectives good?
Any help appreciated.
I'm in the same boat as you, quite sad that there's been no responses:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F121121
Iam currently in the process of deciding what to study at university, and i am considering economics, but i have a few questions, such as is it interesting and challenging, is it competetive to get into and do you have spare time to explore other aspects of uni life. I have not studied economics at A-Level, but i do study maths, will I find it more difficult that those who have done economics A-Level. Also, are graduate prospectives good?
Any help appreciated.

Only you'll know if you find Econ interesting so I'd recommend you googling it and reading up on it. Maybe look up some unis and their modules on Econ and then google the Economic concepts studied in the modules to give you a better idea of what studying Econ at university will be like.

Generally speaking graduate employment for Econ is good. However, if you don't enjoy it or find it interesting, you'll struggle in motivating yourself to study it at university or even passing. If you don't like it, you'll be miserable during your degree and most likely for the rest of your life should you choose to seek employment in a field that does not interest you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending