The Student Room Group

OCR Computing A453 Evaluation help/Advice?

I don't really where to start with my evaluation tbh. I need some sort of guidance like what would i need to include to get the top marks?

Thanks
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Do you know where to start on any of your homework? you have made a thread for every single task :biggrin:

Your evaluation should be how you have met your user needs
Reply 3
Original post by iHammmy
Do you know where to start on any of your homework? you have made a thread for every single task :biggrin:

Your evaluation should be how you have met your user needs

lol, i know and your the only one who replies:colondollar:
My teacher didn't tell us much about what to do, how its layed out or anything so we are all confused. and with the evaluation I know like the basic concept but i guess what I'm trying o ask is What do you have to do to get the a star?

btw, thanks for replying:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bluepearl7
lol, i know and your the only one who replies:colondollar:
My teacher didn't tell us much about what to do, how its layed out or anything so we are all confused. and with the evaluation I know like the basic concept but i guess what I'm trying o ask is What do you have to do to get the a star?

btw, thanks for replying:smile:

For my evaluation, I just wrote the user need on one line then how I met that user need on the next line, and that got me an A* on my first piece of coursework and hopefully an A* on my second :smile:

For example;

The user needs to be able to display the menu

I met this by doing...
Reply 5
Original post by iHammmy
For my evaluation, I just wrote the user need on one line then how I met that user need on the next line, and that got me an A* on my first piece of coursework and hopefully an A* on my second :smile:

For example;

The user needs to be able to display the menu

I met this by doing...

aah, okay . I get it now. I just seem to over complicate the most simplest of things. Thanks for all the help:smile:
Reply 6
I don't really where to start with my evaluation tbh. I need some sort of guidance like what would i need to include to get the top marks?

Thanks

I can give you some advice. I don't think it's too difficult to do well -despite the negative stigma usually attached to these CS controlled assessments. I think you have to ensure that you are thorough with your evaluation. I found it useful to create a table with three columns; success criteria, whether the is solution successful, and changes.

You should evaluate your solution (your code) against a success criteria. If you haven't got a success criteria then you should really make one. Try to hit all of the different aspects of what you want your program to have/be like (errors and responses to input etc).

Once you fill the table with relevant info, try to suggest changes. It makes you seem perceptive and like idk (I mentioned time constraints).

I then wrote a written evaluation to each part and to the final solution. I wrote about different constraints and limitations which may have prevented me from doing certain things, and the things I felt went really well.

I hope I've helped :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone send me a copy of the task sheet for the coursework

Reply 8

Thanks

Go back to your analysis of your task. Did you list Success Criteria, a numbered list of things that your solution should do when it works

For Example:
1. Interact with the user in a friendly manner, by using their name
2. Not crash when Erroneous data is entered
3. etc

If not go and add these at the start then in your test plan for each planned test, state which of your SC is being tested. (likely to be more than one SC)

Once testing is finished and every test is providing output as you expect then the evaluation pretty much writes itself.
Evaluation: Does the solution do what you set out to do? Has each SC been met YEs No, if Yes, where the evidence, point to numbered test If No then why not, and is it okay that this SC has not been met.
Does solution solve problem in way you intended (links back to design), if not why not and is it a problem that it was solved in a different way. (eg design was flawed and systematic testing during development highlighted error so recoding was needed.

Last step for evaluation is to add any more comments about the solution, is there any weakness that you have found and how COULD that be overcome. eg the solution only runs through once, requiring it to be launched again if the end user wants to have another go. An improvement would be to put the solution into a While loop that keeps looping until the end user asks to close the program. This doesn't have to be coded, but as a suggestion with a solution demonstrates understanding beyond that shown / required to solve the task.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending