The Student Room Group

Confused/not sure about going to uni. Help??

--
(edited 7 years ago)
If you're not sure about Law, don't do it. It is a HARD subject, and it's not something that is easy to pass if you don't have an interest or any motivation to do it. Of course, everyone's different and you may be able to push yourself and make it through but that's up to you to figure out.

As for university itself, there's always the option to take a gap year (which in your case, I would definitely recommend and wish that I had done too). It will give you time to figure out the career path you want, whether or not university is for you or if an apprenticeship/full time work is better or what subject you would want to pursue.
Speak to your uni about transferring courses maybe?
Reply 3
Original post by Donkey******
Speak to your uni about transferring courses maybe?

I'm not too sure if I want to change degrees still
Original post by Pn2020
x

Don't do law unless you love it. It's way too competitive and difficult to 'just do'. You can get into a BETTER university if you do a less competitive subject, and you'll enjoy your degree more. My advice is definitely to do something other than law.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Jasaron
Don't do law unless you love it. It's way too competitive and difficult to 'just do'. You can get into a BETTER university if you do a less competitive subject, and you'll enjoy your degree more. My advice is definitely to do something other than law.

how difficult?
Original post by Pn2020
how difficult?

One of the hardest degrees to get a first in.
Reply 7
Bump
Reply 8
Original post by Pn2020
Bump

If you are really uncertain I would sit this year out and figure out what you want to do next. There's no point going to uni simply because its all done now and you're part of a group chat - if you're in the same situation as most, you're taking on a huge amount of debt and that's not something to play with. I took a gap year and worked through it, it gives you the time you need to think things through, you don't want to end up on a course you hate and have the stress of transferring or reapplying later down the line. Whatever you do, make sure you are certain. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest