The Student Room Group

Hills Road Sixth Form - out-area student

Hello!

I applied to the Hill's Road reserve list after receiving my GCSE results and today I got a phone call saying that I've been offered a place! That was pretty surprising considering the website states that offers won't be made until September 1st, but I'm not complaining:biggrin:. I've just sent an email to confirm my acceptance and I'm honestly pretty excited to start.

I was wondering if there's any current or past Hills Road out-area students who could tell me a little about what it's like. Personally, I'm a bit concerned by the fact that I won't know anybody, and that I'll be travelling around two hours on the train each day.

Also, if you're reading this and will also be joining Hills in September, feel free to comment or message me (especially if you're taking double mathematics, chemistry or biology:wink:) because I'd really like to speak with some of you!

Many thanks:smile:
Original post by beeknees
Hello!

I applied to the Hill's Road reserve list after receiving my GCSE results and today I got a phone call saying that I've been offered a place! That was pretty surprising considering the website states that offers won't be made until September 1st, but I'm not complaining:biggrin:. I've just sent an email to confirm my acceptance and I'm honestly pretty excited to start.

I was wondering if there's any current or past Hills Road out-area students who could tell me a little about what it's like. Personally, I'm a bit concerned by the fact that I won't know anybody, and that I'll be travelling around two hours on the train each day.

Also, if you're reading this and will also be joining Hills in September, feel free to comment or message me (especially if you're taking double mathematics, chemistry or biology:wink:) because I'd really like to speak with some of you!

Many thanks:smile:

I'm basically in exactly the same position, they offered me a place early and I wasn't expecting it until the 1st. I emailed to confirm as well!

I'm taking chemistry biology and geography, so almost the same except I can't even begin to think about ever taking DOUBLE MATHS even though I know chemistry has maths :smile:

I will also be on the train for about two hours a day if they are slow, 80 minutes at best. I won't know anyone either, it's all a bit daunting. I'm going in on Wednesday for the enrolment, are you?
Reply 2
Original post by hunamunapina
I'm basically in exactly the same position, they offered me a place early and I wasn't expecting it until the 1st. I emailed to confirm as well!

I'm taking chemistry biology and geography, so almost the same except I can't even begin to think about ever taking DOUBLE MATHS even though I know chemistry has maths :smile:

I will also be on the train for about two hours a day if they are slow, 80 minutes at best. I won't know anyone either, it's all a bit daunting. I'm going in on Wednesday for the enrolment, are you?

Oh sorry I only just saw this! I enrolled on Wednesday yes, and my induction day is on the 13th (I'm in group I). When is yours?
Hey :smile:I live in Biggleswade so it'll take me an hour on the train to get there, two hours is quite a while!I'm also doing double maths, as well as physics and history. I'm pretty nervous about maths as I've heard it's hellish haha. So excited for physics though. How're you feeling about your options? I'm going for induction on Monday but would be cool to know some people who are going!
Mines on the 12th, so the Monday and I'm in group Q.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending