The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Anyones teachers acc helping them with personal statement stuff? Sent one to bio on 18th August then no reply so typed up a 2nd draft and now sent that to my form tutor and other bio teacher. I'll print off a few when I go back to school to hand out to teachers but aaaaaaah apply opens in 2 days! I got bad AS grades I need this ASDFHDKSDFKSDF
Reply 341
Original post by ImagineCats
Anyones teachers acc helping them with personal statement stuff? Sent one to bio on 18th August then no reply so typed up a 2nd draft and now sent that to my form tutor and other bio teacher. I'll print off a few when I go back to school to hand out to teachers but aaaaaaah apply opens in 2 days! I got bad AS grades I need this ASDFHDKSDFKSDF

I think I'm going to be the opposite :frown:

Good AS grades but **** PS
Original post by BR1999
Got my AQA Law01 remark back today and it went up by 16 UMS and puts me on 167 UMS, so i got my A :biggrin:

Wow 16 ums that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Wow 16 ums that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right :biggrin:, the paper that got marked was on a C though, so i was hoping for something pretty drastic like that :h:
Original post by Chief_98
Just work hard and im sure you'll get it man! I was looking into IB but I want to explore all my options. Loads of family members have gone into IB but I really want to consider all options because economics can get you into a lot of jobs.

Yeah hopefully, I guess it's all about the TSA now! Gonna really need to get my head around it. Yeah Economics can lead to many career options and I'm not too sure if I do want to go into IB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 345
So anyone applying for economics at uni?

Me!

Looking at Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and maybe Warwick/Nottingham/Bristol.
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Yeah hopefully, I guess it's all about the TSA now! Gonna really need to get my head around it. Yeah Economics can lead to many career options and I'm not too sure if I do want to go into IB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with that! Make sure you do your best man :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Me!

Looking at Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and maybe Warwick/Nottingham/Bristol.

Woo join the club! You doing joint honours or just econmics by itself? Hows your personal statement going?
Reply 348
Woo join the club! You doing joint honours or just econmics by itself? Hows your personal statement going?

I really don't know whether to go for Economics or Economics and Politics :frown:( you?

It's going badly, I haven't really started it. How's yours going?
Original post by jamestg
I really don't know whether to go for Economics or Economics and Politics :frown:( you?

It's going badly, I haven't really started it. How's yours going?

I'd say it depends what kind of profession you are looking to go into. If you are unsure you should do economics and politics because you will then learn both subjects.
Im on my 2nd draft believe me you need to get something down like a plan what to put where then keep making it better. Just look at examples online as well for inspiration :smile: hope it helps!
Ugh 3 days. I'm excited to see my friends again and learn new things, but I'm weirded out because LAST YEAR OF SCHOOL!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Ugh 3 days. I'm excited to see my friends again and learn new things, but I'm weirded out because LAST YEAR OF SCHOOL!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make it a memorable one :smile:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I started two weeks ago!! Hey guys, I think I'll join in this thread if that's okay. :tongue:

Anyone doing any of these subjects?

English Language
English Literature
History

(also doing an EPQ!)

I do the exact same subjects (Bar Language as I finished the A2 last year.) What a coincidence!
Reply 353
Hahahha walking through the local park and all the new Y12s are hanging out there - all smiling and being happy.

They don't know what's coming...
Original post by jamestg
Hahahha walking through the local park and all the new Y12s are hanging out there - all smiling and being happy.

I was like that until october half term :biggrin:. Then it just went downhill from then :u:
Original post by BR1999
I was like that until october half term :biggrin:. Then it just went downhill from then :u:

Want to see how quick it is this year hahaha
Original post by jamestg

I was one of those.....but then it kicked in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Want to see how quick it is this year hahaha

Probably next week :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
Probably next week :biggrin:

Hahahaha would you be surprised! Have to go over last years content as well as this years so yeah probably next week :frown:
Hahahaha would you be surprised! Have to go over last years content as well as this years so yeah probably next week :frown:

I've got to do that for two subjects :s-smilie:, but i can't wait for people to spectacularly fail at it, at my college (especially business). :colone:

Quick Reply