The Student Room Group

A-Levels

Anyone doing A-Levels to impress parents? :/ Tbh I actually don't want to do A-Levels at all.

Scroll to see replies

I had that attitude last year. I was only doing A-Levels because I wanted to get further in education than anyone within my immediate family.
After about 3 weeks I sort of accepted that I have a wide range of career options.

You don't want to do A-Levels at all? I feel like that every day but I know that after these 2 years I will thank myself for choosing to do them.
Reply 2
I don't think that's gonna end well...:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Muttski
I had that attitude last year. I was only doing A-Levels because I wanted to get further in education than anyone within my immediate family.
After about 3 weeks I sort of accepted that I have a wide range of career options.

You don't want to do A-Levels at all? I feel like that every day but I know that after these 2 years I will thank myself for choosing to do them.

What subjects did you do?
Original post by Rajive
What subjects did you do?

Still in sixth form (year 13).

Studying law, classics and economics - I don't enjoy economics but I just accepted the fact that I don't enjoy it and continue to try and do well haha
I did A levels and hated it, it definitely isn't for everyone and I can go back and choose something else if I could.
Original post by loveleest
I did A levels and hated it, it definitely isn't for everyone and I can go back and choose something else if I could.

I don't even know want I want to do atm
Original post by Muttski

Idk I'm starting school in a few days. I'll see what A-Levels are like. Thanks though :smile:
Original post by saraxh
Anyone doing A-Levels to impress parents? :/ Tbh I actually don't want to do A-Levels at all.

I did it tbh :L now im on a gap year:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraxh
I don't even know want I want to do atm

If you want to go through the academic route them maybe a levels are a good choice, even then you still have btec's to choose.
Original post by saraxh
*Every Asian :colone: :tongue: JK lol

Which ones are you doing anyways? :smile:
Original post by hamza772000
*Every Asian :colone: :tongue: JK lol

Which ones are you doing anyways? :smile:

Business, English, RS & Geography

U? :smile:
Original post by saraxh
Business, English, RS & Geography

U? :smile:
Cool :smile:

Maths, FM, Physics and Computing
It's not about impressing parents or anyone it's about what you wanaa do and what you're going to do well in. My mum wanted me to do a levels but my dad is happy with me doing a BTEC extended diploma in applied sciences 👍🏼
Cool :smile:

Maths, FM, Physics and Computing

Good luck tomorrow.:smile:
My friend starts on the 9th :frown: this is unfair.
Original post by saraxh
Good luck tomorrow.:smile:
My friend starts on the 9th :frown: this is unfair.
You too :h:

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm really nervous :redface:
You too :h:

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm really nervous :redface:

Thanks. :h: Try to talk to lots of people.

I'm going to the same school so I'm not that nervous. :smile:
Original post by saraxh
Thanks. :h: Try to talk to lots of people.

I'm going to the same school so I'm not that nervous. :smile:
Np :smile: I will :smile:

Oh, I'm going to a totally different one :tongue: Idk anyone there :tongue:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
It's not about impressing parents or anyone it's about what you wanaa do and what you're going to do well in. My mum wanted me to do a levels but my dad is happy with me doing a BTEC extended diploma in applied sciences 👍🏼

Thanks :smile: I'm going to see how I feel on the first few weeks. If I feel it's not right for me I'll discuss it.
Original post by saraxh

Can I drop a maths question into your thread?

Quick Reply

Latest