The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

I actually had a nice day back until I realised I've done no revision for an economics mock on Thursday. I've got a whole lot of time to learn the entire microeconomic topic considering I'm awful at economics!
Original post by Muttski
I actually had a nice day back until I realised I've done no revision for an economics mock on Thursday. I've got a whole lot of time to learn the entire microeconomic topic considering I'm awful at economics!

You've got a mock already :biggrin:. Microeconomics isn't too bad though, it's better than macroeconomics :tongue:
Original post by BR1999
You've got a mock already :biggrin:. Microeconomics isn't too bad though, it's better than macroeconomics :tongue:

I still can't even do PPF graphs, or anything in micro. This is going to be hilarious..
Original post by Muttski
I still can't even do PPF graphs, or anything in micro. This is going to be hilarious..

How did you get into A2 Economics :biggrin:, there's plenty of good notes on the physics and maths tutor website, it'll take like half a day to read through the notes though :colone:
Original post by Muttski

You have a mock the first week back wtf
Original post by BR1999
I've got to do that for two subjects :s-smilie:, but i can't wait for people to spectacularly fail at it, at my college (especially business). :colone:

Woo business... what exam board are you with?
Original post by Chief_98
Woo business... what exam board are you with?

Edexcel = :evilbanana::evil:
Original post by BR1999
Edexcel = :evilbanana::evil:

Ahh thank god! I was reading your comments about an exam on 4 units i was dreading that it was aqa! Anyway good luck with that :smile:
Ahh thank god! I was reading your comments about an exam on 4 units i was dreading that it was aqa! Anyway good luck with that :smile:

I absolutely hate edexcel, they ruin peoples lives :biggrin:. For my exam this year, unit 1 was an absolute car crash, they were on like crack when they were making that paper and i ended up getting 28/80 which is a U. Paper 2 was bliss, i got 79/80 and came out with an A overall at the end :u:
Original post by BR1999
I absolutely hate edexcel, they ruin peoples lives :biggrin:. For my exam this year, unit 1 was an absolute car crash, they were on like crack when they were making that paper and i ended up getting 28/80 which is a U. Paper 2 was bliss, i got 79/80 and came out with an A overall at the end :u:

That's mad! Well done!
I know i posted this a few days ago, but it started a discussion :biggrin:. How is everyone's personal statements going?
Whose going to Sheffield open day this Saturday? ?
Original post by BR1999
I know i posted this a few days ago, but it started a discussion :biggrin:. How is everyone's personal statements going?

2nd draft now going for economics going to get teachers to look over it in the harshest way!
2nd draft now going for economics going to get teachers to look over it in the harshest way!

I'm on my 3rd draft for a law personal statement, but i think I'm pretty much finished with it :biggrin:
Good luck with that! Make sure you do your best man :smile:

Yeah man, you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BR1999
I'm on my 3rd draft for a law personal statement, but i think I'm pretty much finished with it :biggrin:

Doing well haha... where are you looking to apply?
Reply 376
It's the beginning of the end :frown:((((
Original post by BR1999
How did you get into A2 Economics :biggrin:, there's plenty of good notes on the physics and maths tutor website, it'll take like half a day to read through the notes though :colone:

It's a 2 year course. Our teacher thought the AS would be a waste of time, which in my opinion is true, considering you can run off with an A overall with a C at AS (which IMO shouldn't be the case).

And trust me, I've done notes, tried explanations and nothing works. I need a verbal explanation of the theories and then be told why it's like that.
Doing well haha... where are you looking to apply?

LSE or Cambridge, Durham, Lancaster, Manchester and ULaw :biggrin:
Original post by Muttski
It's a 2 year course. Our teacher thought the AS would be a waste of time, which in my opinion is true, considering you can run off with an A overall with a C at AS (which IMO shouldn't be the case).

And trust me, I've done notes, tried explanations and nothing works. I need a verbal explanation of the theories and then be told why it's like that.

Khan academy has some good economics videos :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest