The Student Room Group

School Phobia

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by iishannonx33
Hello, Sorry it's my first question so I would really appreciate any advice given. When I was in year 11 (Year 12 now) I developed separation anxiety and School phobia. The school phobia has been a real big issue in my every day life since then. I was allowed to be home schooled for a year because the school was able to finance it but since im older now, home schooling doesnt seem to be an option. Im not entirely sure why i developed the phobia, I cant really explain it. Ive been to the doctors and counselors. Anyway recentley i started sixth form but it seems i still cant step foot properly into school without being stressed or breaking down. If anyone has any advice that would be really helpful. Im afraid im ruining my future and putting a lot of stress on my mum.

I'm sorry you're going through this! Have you tried seeing if you can go to school after hours with your mum a few times, and then without, to see if you can build yourself up to going in? It could be worth asking about if you feel up to it. This helped a friend of mine when she was going through similar issues. At my school, they let me stay in smaller classrooms on my own, although this was during my GCSE years. It made it a lot easier for me to go in. All the best!
Reply 2
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest