The Student Room Group

Relationships

I googled something and it took me to this site so I thought you guys could help me out, I'm currently 18, 19 in January, I'm in full time work and earn good money, I'm currently talking to a 22 year old, I know it's 4 years difference but I really like her, but I don't know how to approach her because she's older, I've been in serval relationships and know what women are like, and how they act to things but things are different at this point, I've been looking on the Internet for advice, and they said its perfectly normal, but I don't want to feel like because of my age she won't be interested
Aaron Akers
Reply 1
Yeah but what happenes when I do that, I'm not one of those guys whos scared and I just don't want her to think I'm weird or something or push her away
Original post by Aaronakerss
I googled something and it took me to this site so I thought you guys could help me out, I'm currently 18, 19 in January, I'm in full time work and earn good money, I'm currently talking to a 22 year old, I know it's 4 years difference but I really like her, but I don't know how to approach her because she's older, I've been in serval relationships and know what women are like, and how they act to things but things are different at this point, I've been looking on the Internet for advice, and they said its perfectly normal, but I don't want to feel like because of my age she won't be interested
Aaron Akers

It really doesn't matter how old she is. Just talk to her like you would anyone else you're interested in. If she's not interested, move on.
Yeah but what happenes when I do that, I'm not one of those guys whos scared and I just don't want her to think I'm weird or something or push her away

Well the girl is either interested or not and then you make a move or move on.
Reply 4
How would I find out because it's not been long that we have been talking so how long should I give to ask her what she wants out of this, because like we go for food and we go for a couple of drinks and we talk all the time when I see her, and she wants to go on a walk on Wednesday If the weather is nice. Would you think that would be a great opportunity to ask her
Reply 5
And how would I know if she is interested?
How would I find out because it's not been long that we have been talking so how long should I give to ask her what she wants out of this, because like we go for food and we go for a couple of drinks and we talk all the time when I see her, and she wants to go on a walk on Wednesday If the weather is nice. Would you think that would be a great opportunity to ask her

I don't know you nor her. If you feel like it's a good time to ask, it's as good a time as any. Don't second guess yourself.
And how would I know if she is interested?

If she's receptive and says "sure I'll go out with you" when you ask her.
Reply 8
Sorry for the questions but when would be a great point to ask her?
Sorry for the questions but when would be a great point to ask her?

After you sleep with her
In seriousness: when she seems like she'll say yes. If you can't read her body language then I can't help.
Reply 11
Dude God knows if that's going to happen any time soon, I don't know whether she is interested in me yet never mind sleeping with her
Dude God knows if that's going to happen any time soon, I don't know whether she is interested in me yet never mind sleeping with her

Go for a walk on Wednesday. Take her somewhere cool, talk about your past, get emotional, say "Want to go on a date some time?" then get some plans. Congrats, she's either your girlfriend or you got rejected. Be prepared for either outcome.
Aaron Akers

just be confident and ask her face to face

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending