The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDaniel2
You're planning on doing STEP 1 this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This academic year*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my first day today. Physics teacher has cringey humour. Maths teacher acts like Benedict Cumberbatch in 'The Imitation Game'. Biology teacher was pretty bubbly. Chemistry teacher has a Scottish accent.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
This academic year*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I can already do C1-2 and get 100%, and do FP 1 M1 and M2 and get 90%+. I know portions of C3 and C4. Just need to polish up on C3-4, M1 and M2. Did these modules last academic year; spent most of my vacation de-stressing. If I had been half assed I would have already finished the AS syllablus for Maths and FM and could have focused full time on the BMO. Seems like I will have to multitask :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enigmatically
Yeah. I can already do C1-2 and get 100%, and do FP 1 M1 and M2 and get 90%+. I know portions of C3 and C4. Just need to polish up on C3-4, M1 and M2. Did these modules last academic year; spent most of my vacation de-stressing. If I had been half assed I would have already finished the AS syllablus for Maths and FM and could have focused full time on the BMO. Seems like I will have to multitask :wink:

I'll be r00ting\sqrt r00ting for you and @DamnDaniel2 through the STEP process.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I'll be r00ting\sqrt r00ting for you and @DamnDaniel2 through the STEP process.

You forgot the plus/minus sign before your root :wink:
- Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Meg. I'm an AS student from Wales and have been pretty much awful at all things revision for my entire life. Hoping that maybe this time I'll actually study properly.

- What are your hobbies and interests?

I'm pretty much a class a geek when it comes to hobbies. I'm a big video game play (bioshock, zelda, skyrim, bioware, horror games etc.) and an avid horror fan. On top of that I'm a reader and am a bit of a comic book fan (don't diss Hawkeye, that's a warning :wink:). I pretty much anti-social :biggrin:

- What subjects are you planning to take?

I'm taking Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Comp Sci. As well as the obligatory Welsh Bacc (which is awful by the way).

- Your favourite subject(s)?

I absolutely adore physics, I could go on for hours about quarks and leptons if no one stopped me. Second to that is probably maths, followed by chemistry. Comp sci definitely comes last, sadly my college didn't offer further maths at a different time to my other subjects. :frown:

- Your ideal future occupation?

Definitely physics. I can't imagine doing much else with my life. Probably some sort of research, would love to work at CERN while also doing some of my own projects. Although that's probably a little unrealistic.

My dream is to get into Oxford to study Physics. And after an overall awful last year involving several family break downs and bereavements I'm finally ready to work my butt off to get in.

Nice to meet you all
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey man, not been on for a while! Just started my sixthform today, we started with electron configuration (orbitals) in Chemistry. In Maths we're on surds and integration, i got some trapezium rule homework. I have geography and graphic communication tomorrow
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Hey man, not been on for a while! Just started my sixthform today, we started with electron configuration (orbitals) in Chemistry. In Maths we're on surds and integration, i got some trapezium rule homework. I have geography and graphic communication tomorrow

Today was live 👌💯 I'm flying through orbitals, im going through bond angles atm

Challenge: Deduce the electron configuration of Lawrencium

Could you text me some trapezium rule work?
It wasn't too bad, only had further mathematics and epq

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jakeprevita2000
Today was live 👌💯 I'm flying through orbitals, im going through bond angles atm

Challenge: Deduce the electron configuration of Lawrencium

Could you text me some trapezium rule work?

Sure :smile: 20160905_234820.jpg i got if its unclear 5f14, 6d1, 7s2

Original post by AdeptDz
It wasn't too bad, only had further mathematics and epq

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what your doing for epq yet?
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Sure :smile: 20160905_234820.jpg i got if its unclear 5f14, 6d1, 7s2

Do you know what your doing for epq yet?

I have 3 ideas
Poverty and crime
Biomedical engineering
Economic crisis
Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 451
Wasn't planning on being awake at this time...but really cannot sleep. It is my first day tomorrow. I only have double Health and Social Care, but I don't know the class or the teacher's so am really anxious!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
I have 3 ideas
Poverty and crime
Biomedical engineering
Economic crisis
Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The evolution of Chemistry and Chemistry in life
Illustration
Environmental conservation
Original post by Kxjzh
Wasn't planning on being awake at this time...but really cannot sleep. It is my first day tomorrow. I only have double Health and Social Care, but I don't know the class or the teacher's so am really anxious!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for today. Hope all goes well.To be honest the first day's always the hardest, it'll get easier from then on :smile:

I'm not back at school till Wednesday... which is tomorrow!! Ahhh!! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anyone going to university open days this year?
First day went well!!got into psychology history and biology but nit chemistry cos i got b not a but hopefully i can get into optometry??lessons start tomorow so yeh 😬😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skhan99
First day went well!!got into psychology history and biology but nit chemistry cos i got b not a but hopefully i can get into optometry??lessons start tomorow so yeh 😬😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's cool. Which one are you most excited for? Are you nervous at all for tomorrow? :smile:
Had my first day today, just double politics in the afternoon. Have a packed day tomorrow with econ history and pol; just one free tomorrow. On Thursdays though I have frees the whole day until period 5 economics! :biggrin:
First day today and it was good. We met our tutors and got our timetables 😌 We had assemblies and had 2 hours of chemistry which was good 😝 X
First day was a success and so much better than expected :smile: made so many new friends!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest