The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moosey96
I'm from Ards so staying at home (unless elms free up spaces a few weeks in 👀), is anyone living in Elms?

Ah nice! I'm from Belfast myself so Im still living with my parents hahaha
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Found out I'm staying in Ash 6, where is everyone else staying? :smile:
Original post by meaghancydney19

How'd you find out?
Original post by HarryStrickland
How'd you find out?

Just ring up elms and they will tell you!
Reply 64
Original post by meaghancydney19

Think we'll be neighbours, I found out I'll be in Ash 7! :smile:
Original post by snowfus

Ah awesome, ive seen quite a lot of people in ash 7!
Hi Everyone, I'm currently working for the QUB Welcome Week program, so to all our new first years, congratulations!

In addition, I'd like it if you could Like and Share (or Fav and Retweet) our Facebook and Twitter accounts to keep our new students up to date with our planned events the first weeks you arrive.

Any questions feel free to ask;

https://www.facebook.com/qubwelcomeweek2016/
https://twitter.com/QubWelcome2016
Reply 67
Original post by moosey96
Yeah I'm going to the icebreakers one on the first night!! And most likely I'll be splitting the taxi fare with friends (rip bank account). I wanna go out as much as possible but that may prove difficult because of where I live agh, what about you?

Oh lucky you!! And hopefully that taxi split wouldnt be too bad! Haha, no idea so far all fresher events are sold out, well the ones I saw :/
Original post by snowfus

Hey! I'm in Ash 7 as well!!!
Anyone here staying at Sycamore Park?
Reply 70
Original post by HarryStrickland
Hey! I'm in Ash 7 as well!!!

Ahh, are you really? That's comforting hahah I've hardly found anyone!!
Reply 71
Original post by CJ_Mullan
Anyone here staying at Sycamore Park?

I'm in Sycamore 9 :smile:
Reply 72
Anyone here planning on arriving at Elms on the Saturday? I've been sent the accommodation check-in times and they're all for Sunday 18th. I assume coming the day before won't be a problem though?
Original post by JC25
Anyone here planning on arriving at Elms on the Saturday? I've been sent the accommodation check-in times and they're all for Sunday 18th. I assume coming the day before won't be a problem though?

When does your contract start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JC25

I'm coming on Saturday as well but I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do, the email sort of suggests that they'll make exceptions for people arriving on Saturday.
Original post by JC25

My flights booked for Saturday so im moving in then!
Reply 76
Original post by That Bearded Man
When does your contract start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a 38 week contract and I'll be turning up on the Saturday. The check in information mentions being able to check in on arrival if transportation has already been arranged so I assume that's all good.

Another thing, one of the letters in the welcome "pack" gives an in person check in date and time which is days before I arrive on the Saturday. Are other people in the same position?
Original post by JC25
I have a 38 week contract and I'll be turning up on the Saturday. The check in information mentions being able to check in on arrival if transportation has already been arranged so I assume that's all good.

Another thing, one of the letters in the welcome "pack" gives an in person check in date and time which is days before I arrive on the Saturday. Are other people in the same position?

Oh yes, I'm looking at it from the transport of view. Yes that should be fine, Elms has people based their anyway.

I'm not sure about the latter tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey quys! I've got a room in Mount Charles,which is a Queen's owned house just off botanic avenue.The place has been recently refurbished and is just a 5 minute walk from the main campus.It's available to move into from the beginning of term. Let me know if any of you are interested!
Original post by JC25

I rang Queen's about that, they said you can basically ignore that, and it's fine to check in at any time during the weekend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending