The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Commercial Paper
Just pull an all-nighter and do it like a true banker.

If HR see you submit your application at 4am, you are guaranteed an interview :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true.

What you need to do, to really stand out is submit the online forms at 3-4AM then sit the tests at 8AM. That will show that u are the real MVP.
Reply 1401
Does anybody know in what time Citi and UBS send their tests after submitting the online form? DO they do any pre-screening? Thnx
Any one have any insight into Blackstone's recruitment process, are there numerical tests ACs etc. Also does anyone know if MS will be opening up Merchant banking and Real Estate or what's the deal with nothing coming up when you click on it?
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Any one have any insight into Blackstone's recruitment process, are there numerical tests ACs etc. Also does anyone know if MS will be opening up Merchant banking and Real Estate or what's the deal with nothing coming up when you click on it?

Blackstone has an ungodly number of interview rounds and they're very technical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d_cj
Does anybody know in what time Citi and UBS send their tests after submitting the online form? DO they do any pre-screening? Thnx

UBS come through straightaway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1405
Original post by Commercial Paper
UBS come through straightaway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 hours left, still haven't received it, strange. Though my job cart or whatever it's called in their graduate site shows invitation for testing, but no link
Original post by d_cj
3 hours left, still haven't received it, strange. Though my job cart or whatever it's called in their graduate site shows invitation for testing, but no link

No worries, it will come soon. Otherwise, email HR support, they reply fairly quickly
Reply 1407
Original post by prettyIBer?
No worries, it will come soon. Otherwise, email HR support, they reply fairly quickly

thanks.
And any information on Citi timeline?
Original post by d_cj
thanks.

Not sure, submitted yesterday but haven't heard back too
Original post by juventus100
did you guys apply for grad or summer position?

Summer
Original post by d_cj

nope, UBS takes a half day to send tests
(edited 7 years ago)
in secondary education section of Barclays application, did you list all exams from your diploma or just put down GPA?
Original post by torres657
in secondary education section of Barclays application, did you list all exams from your diploma or just put down GPA?

and application doesn't save any info I put on boxes for subject and grade, very annoying and time-consuming
What positions have people got interviews for at UBS ? :smile:*
Original post by d_cj
thanks.

UBS could take 12-24 hours, not screening but just their system.Citi do it when they want to progress your application, could be days could be weeks, depends on the role and the queue and how good your application is
When Citi asks for education level, do you put high school (completed) or university (even if it's not completed). Dumb question but I'm never sure about this
Original post by Kiwith
When Citi asks for education level, do you put high school (completed) or university (even if it's not completed). Dumb question but I'm never sure about this

uni
why is talent q so hard ffs hahaha
fml, in one of my cover letters I left in a different bank name
Original post by TheParham
why is talent q so hard ffs hahaha

you did it with which bank?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending