The Student Room Group

Why do people get offended when you compare a humans suffering to a animals suffering

God that really annoys me. :angry:

They say you cannot compare the two. How can you not? BOTH ARE SUFFERING, BOTH ARE FEELING PAIN, BOTH ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.

People are so ****ing stupid. What an embarrassing world this is. :angry::angry::angry:

Scroll to see replies

well i think , you yourself know the answer ? don't you ? ............ i mean , come on ! there is a big difference between them ? ................ can't you realize ? :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by fardm76
well i think , you yourself know the answer ? don't you ? ............ i mean , come on ! there is a big difference between them ? ................ can't you realize ? :tongue:

In what way are animals different?

I mean there are many ways animals are different from a human being but there are many ways in which animals and humans are the same. One of those things is that they feel pain and they can suffer. But apparently one form of suffering is ok and the other is not.
Original post by rations
In what way are animals different?

I mean there are many ways animals are different from a human being but there are many ways in which animals and humans are the same. One of those things is that they feel pain and they can suffer. But apparently one form of suffering is ok and the other is not.

you're right , they can be same too ................ but because of the differences , people get offended !
Reply 4
Original post by fardm76
you're right , they can be same too ................ but because of the differences , people get offended !

Its stupid. Those differences don't make the animals pain or suffering any less extreme than a human.
Original post by rations
Its stupid. Those differences don't make the animals pain or suffering any less extreme than a human.

yes , they don't ................ Now i ask you ?
can animals explain what suffering is ? ............... of course they can't ..........THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT IS !
Reply 6
Original post by fardm76
can animals explain what suffering is ? ............... of course they can't ..........THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT IS !

How do you know that?

Even if they don't- there are some humans born with brain problems that may not have any idea what suffering is. I will never imagine in a million years you'll try and say the average human beings suffering is worst than theirs. Or maybe you will?
Original post by fardm76

Just because the animal can't explain it in words, doesn't make its suffering any less. A human baby can't explain suffering at the hands of an abusive parent, but it still feels it all the same no?
Original post by FractalChaos
Just because the animal can't explain it in words, doesn't make its suffering any less. A human baby can't explain suffering at the hands of an abusive parent, but it still feels it all the same no?

I can't even answer your question..... because, right now , you are comparing human to animals ! .............. i think you want to impose your ideas upon me ! don't you ? .......... i love animals .............. but i can't compare human to them !
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fardm76
I can't even answer your question..... because, right now , you are comparing human to animals ! .............. i think you want to impose your ideas upon me ! don't you ? .......... i love animals .............. but i can't compare human to them !

You don't appear to love animals, your previous post basically says that you think because an animal can't explain it's suffering, that suffering is somehow not real?! Like it's ok or something.

Humans are the biggest cause of suffering in this world.

Edit: besides which, at no point did I make a comparison between the two. I used humans as an analogy to try and help you see the error in your logic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by fardm76

You just said an animals suffering doesn't matter as much because they don't know what suffering is but neither do some humans.

Do you not agree that some humans don't know what suffering is just like these animals?
Reply 11
You don't appear to love animals, your previous post basically says that you think because an animal can't explain it's suffering, that suffering is somehow not real?! Like it's ok or something.

Humans are the biggest cause of suffering in this world.

Its disgusting.

Yet when people like me point this out we're the bad guys apparently. :angry:

We don't condone human suffering at all. We don't look to disrespect any suffering that humans go through at all. We're just looking to bring a bit mote respect to the animals that suffer too. OHHH HOW ****ING DARE WE. HOW COULD WE DO SUCH A THING.
Suffering is when you don't have enough tasty bacon.
Reply 13
Original post by BIGJohnson777

You're not funny. Seriously think of something new.
Original post by rations
Its disgusting.

Yet when people like me point this out we're the bad guys apparently. :angry:

We don't condone human suffering at all. We don't look to disrespect any suffering that humans go through at all. We're just looking to bring a bit mote respect to the animals that suffer too. OHHH HOW ****ING DARE WE. HOW COULD WE DO SUCH A THING.

Yes, it can be extremely frustrating. Unfortunately modern society has become very corrupt in its ways. Nature will win though, if we don't learn as a species how to reconnect with our planet, it will turn the tide of consumption back on us.
Reply 15
I'm sorry I just find that to be complete bs. Yes I agree most humans are more intelligent than most animals but animals are still just as aware as a human when they in complete danger and when suffering is taking place.

Also humans are not consistent with their logic when it comes to this.
Again, false logic. A highly intelligent person does not feel suffering any more or less than a person say with an IQ of 50 who is blind and deaf. Why should it be any different for the animal? That suffering is still consuming that animals entire being and existence, regardless of how many parameters it is aware of, or can define of its suffering.

The suffering is equal to each. No one is greater.
Original post by fardm76

Original post by fardm76

Original post by BIGJohnson777

It is this mindset and way of thinking that has lead our planet and species into such a mess.
Again, false logic. A highly intelligent person does not feel suffering any more or less than a person say with an IQ of 50 who is blind and deaf. Why should it be any different for the animal? That suffering is still consuming that animals entire being and existence, regardless of how many parameters it is aware of, or can define of its suffering.

The suffering is equal to each. No one is greater.

If someone has an IQ of 50- being eaten would be the most useful thing the person will ever do. Causing suffering for no reason isn't good, but animals are tasty and the satisfaction that comes from eating them far outweighs their suffering.
T.R.I.G.G.E.R.E.D
(edited 7 years ago)
Fair enough. You should have made clear your own position at the same time then.

Point still stands anyway, for the "people".

Quick Reply

Latest