The Student Room Group

What would be your reaction if your son came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I'd no longer consider him my son.
Original post by Yaboi
I'd no longer consider him my son.

Respect your opinion but why, if it doesn't effect you directly? Why does this one little revelation change a lifetime of you being his Parent, who showed him how to walk and talk, does that mean nothing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popsiclez
Respect your opinion but why, if it doesn't effect you directly? Why does this one little revelation change a lifetime of you being his Parent, who showed him how to walk and talk, does that mean nothing?

Some people are just stuck up and will never change because of religion. No reasoning or logic applies sadly.
I don't think I would react. I means it's normal so why would I?

I guess if anything I would be proud because there are some awfully prejudiced people out there as demonstrated on this thread xx
Original post by #ChaosKass
I'd be deeply disappointed, as if I have children I shall bring them up to live a proper conservative Christian lifestyle based around morals, values, loyalty, dignity, and courage.

As the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin and so my first port of call would be conversion therapy, if that doesn't work then who knows. I wouldn't go as far as disowning them but I'd deeply discourage them from partaking in any homosexual behaviour and would make sure they keep their sexuality to themselves.

Don't have children, then. There are enough messed up people in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending