The Student Room Group

met someone...online relationships?

met a real cute guy off here but ive had fboys 'interested' before and don't want to be another target. he's so kind and interested in me and my posts and said he enjoys talking to me...what should I do? any tips or advice?
Original post by Anonymous
met a real cute guy off here

hahahahahahahahahaha

Nice one. My advice would be to look as far back in his post history as possible. I'm 100% sure you'll lose interest if he's remotely close to the typical TSR user.
Reply 2
Interested in your posts?! Lol not sure if you're serious.

Anyway meet up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
met a real cute guy off here but ive had fboys 'interested' before and don't want to be another target. he's so kind and interested in me and my posts and said he enjoys talking to me...what should I do? any tips or advice?

Do some analysis work and background research. Look through his posting history, especially if he's commented on relationship posts, that might give you some scope of some of his views. Check what threads he's made in the past, his visitor messages, the lot
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Do some analysis work and background research. Look through his posting history, especially if he's commented on relationship posts, that might give you some scope of some of his views. Check what threads he's made in the past, his visitor messages, the lot

Speaking from experience? :smile:
Original post by RDKGames
Speaking from experience? :smile:

If you met a guy irl you'd do this with his FB wouldn't you? So why not do the same with his TSR if that's the only thing about him you have access to
If you met a guy irl you'd do this with his FB wouldn't you? So why not do the same with his TSR if that's the only thing about him you have access to

TSR is much more enclosed than Facebook is. Chances are you wouldn't get any reliable information off here about a person purely based on some forum posts. Maybe just the scope of the personality, that's about it.

Best way forward here is to give it time, then based on some very basic impressions decide whether to move it along onto FB where it becomes much more straight-forward. Stalking on TSR is unreliable.
TSR is much more enclosed than Facebook is. Chances are you wouldn't get any reliable information off here about a person purely based on some forum posts. Maybe just the scope of the personality, that's about it.

Best way forward here is to give it time, then based on some very basic impressions decide whether to move it along onto FB where it becomes much more straight-forward. Stalking on TSR is unreliable.

Idk I still think it's possible to weed out a potential f**k boy based on their forum posts on here...
TSR? I'm not too sure about those TSR lads...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

@pinkberry_y he's given me his fb but I said i'm not adding till I know him well enough but its l on very private settings there anyway. he posts on similar things I do looking at his history so yeah

I don't know anyone who does this, lol

OP; Be careful, confirm who they say they are, and then just go from there really. When/if you meet, do so in a public place ONLY.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending