The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

No place in halls, looking for housemates!

As title says, just heard no halls places left, anyone have any suggestions/in the same boat?
Yeah same here. I rang up and they've put me on the waiting list for cancellations. I don't want to get private accommodation in case a room in halls becomes available, so I may have to commute until I get a room. I'm a bit worried about what freshers week will be like if I'm not in a flat :s-smilie:

Was Birmingham your insurance, or did you go through clearing?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Yeh was my insurance, and you? I'm sure freshers can't be much worse as long as you're living with a few mates
Yeah it was my insurance too, I firmed Bath. I'm torn between looking for houses and people to share with or holding out for a cancellation. What are you thinking of doing?
Firmed Bath aswell haha, theres hardly any houses so have no idea what to do really
Reply 5
It seems crazy to me that they can offer all these places to people and yet have no way of accommodating you!! It smacks of money grabbing to me. My daughter is in the same boat, good luck in your search
I'm looking for someone to take over my accommodation, I'm currently at Cardinal House through City Accommodation for Students on Bridge Road in Birmingham. It's a suite with a double bed and an en suite with a kitchen inside the room for only £115 a week. I'm selling due to wanting to drop out and go back home, but need someone to replace me as a tenant. Anyone interested?If studying at Birmingham city or university of Birmingham it's a 10 minute drive, 40 minute walk, 20 minute bus or 3 minute train to New Street. Thankyou!
Original post by TheTopStudent
Firmed Bath aswell haha, theres hardly any houses so have no idea what to do really

If you're looking for accommodation I'm selling mine to take over as a tenant. If intrerested message me!
Original post by Radical Lemon
Yeah it was my insurance too, I firmed Bath. I'm torn between looking for houses and people to share with or holding out for a cancellation. What are you thinking of doing?

I'm selling my accommodation at Cardinal house which is near to the city and a train/car journey or bus to the uni of Birmingham so feel free to message me as its cheap
I'm selling a room at Queens Hospital Close. It's uni accommodation and close to Broad Street. All bills included and TV with licence. It's a flat with 7 other flatmates, large kitchen and separate living room. Double bed and en suite £120 per week.
It's going to go quick so message me if you're interested.
Most flats I know have some spaces left so it's weird, my flat in Tennis Courts has 6 rooms but 4 people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending