The Student Room Group

*HELP* My Schools Sixth Form won't let me in :(

I don't have 5 C's or better I have 4 and my sixth form says that I can't go there after going today!

What do I do now??? Where do I go now???

I also need to resit English Language because I got a D. If I would have got a C in this like in my year 10 mocks then I would not have all this to deal with!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
I don't have 5 C's or better I have 4 and my sixth form says that I can't go there after going today!

What do I do now??? Where do I go now???

I also need to resit English Language because I got a D. If I would have got a C in this like in my year 10 mocks then I would not have all this to deal with!

Tough luck, you didn't get the grades so try somewhere else.
You could go the BTEC or apprenticeship route.
Reply 3
Original post by citibankrec
Tough luck, you didn't get the grades so try somewhere else.

Is there still time to do that though?

I got my results from school and a teacher said I might just have to change up a few subjects but today when I go another teacher is like NOPE you can't come in! :frown:
Apply to your local colleges, some colleges are still enrolling and you should be able to do resits there..
Reply 5
Original post by saraxh
You could go the BTEC or apprenticeship route.

Do I still have time to change things?
Reply 6
Original post by Antediluvian
lmao how did you not get 5 gcses

I did more than 5 and was on track for at least 5 in year 10!

I come to year 11 and put far more effort in to receive just 4. I just get on with my work I have minimal numbers of friends to disturb me so I don't know how this stuff happens.
Maybe you could enrol for a BTEC course in the subject of your choice and retake GCSE English in December and hopefully improve your grade to atleast a C then at the end of the talk to your personal tutor to see your options about becoming an AS student in September if you are still unhappy as a BTEC student. Who knows, the BTEC course may work out better for you than Alevels!

Good luck x
Reply 8
Original post by CaliforNeema
Maybe you could enrol for a BTEC course in the subject of your choice and retake GCSE English in December and hopefully improve your grade to atleast a C then at the end of the talk to your personal tutor to see your options about becoming an AS student in September if you are still unhappy as a BTEC student. Who knows, the BTEC course may work out better for you than Alevels!

Good luck x

I'm not so convinced in to doing BTEC I had real struggles at BTEC Business and ended up coming in a whole holiday to finish it up to a Level 2 Pass.

Also what I want to do requires:
In addition, you need at least 2 A2 Levels / 3 Highers at Grade C or above (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) which must total a minimum of 160 UCAS points.
Do I still have time to change things?

If you live in London City and Islington is enrolling. I think Westminister kingsway college is enrolling. Try Gov.org Apprenticeship.
Is there still time to do that though?

I got my results from school and a teacher said I might just have to change up a few subjects but today when I go another teacher is like NOPE you can't come in! :frown:

Yeah there is still time a lot of colleges are still doing enrolment and you'll be able to talk to them about the best route for you whether that be Btec or Apprenticeships.

You should also try speak to the head of your school 6th form as they might be able to help you as well.
Reply 11
Original post by Gold_Dust181
Yeah there is still time a lot of colleges are still doing enrolment and you'll be able to talk to them about the best route for you whether that be Btec or Apprenticeships.

You should also try speak to the head of your school 6th form as they might be able to help you as well.

The head of 6th form at my high school was the one that said NOPE. I will contact my local college.
Reply 12
Been waiting on phone for nearly a Hour to get contact with my local college and still no answer just music.
Reply 13
would I be able to resit GCSE English Language at College?
(edited 7 years ago)
would I be able to resit GCSE English Language at College?

Yes!
Even with a level 3 BTEC I'm pretty sure you would still need 5 GCSEs. In my sixth form college the requirements are 5GCSEs including english language
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sorry mate, but you're going to have to resit your English exam, or at least remark it. There's no way you're going to get into a sixth/ college with only 4 Cs, especially with English being D. You're going to have to go through another route like apprenticeships or BTEC's, because I really don't see you being the type for A-level.

A-Level is nothing in comparison to GCSE, so even if you do get that C in English, I'd advice you to do an easier course of higher level education. This is what your grades are suggesting, anyways.
Reply 17
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Even with a level 3 BTEC I'm pretty sure you would still need 5 GCSEs. In my sixth form college the requirements are 5GCSEs including english language

So would I have to take a Level-2 course?
So would I have to take a Level-2 course?

Yeah, my friend had to do a level 2 course whilst resitting GCSE Maths and english.
If you complete level 2 then you can move up to level 3
Reply 19
**** the start date for what I would like to do was Yesterday! Do I still have any chance of getting in?

Also after looking most of them started yesterday. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest