The Student Room Group

Predicted grades AS level uni confusions

So I got BCCC at AS which is pretty **** let's be honest, but my teachers have predicted me A*AA now, so I'm just unsure as to whether uni's care about AS grades or predicted grades more and what they base their offer on innit
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
So I got BCCC at AS which is pretty **** let's be honest, but my teachers have predicted me A*AA now, so I'm just unsure as to whether uni's care about AS grades or predicted grades more and what they base their offer on innit

AFAIK your teacher will have to include why there is such a big discrepancy between you predicted and actual grades so it'll all be taken into account. It definitely looks dodgy if your teachers can't justify it on the reference.
How did you get your teachers to predict you that? :lol:
Original post by meowgoesthedog
AFAIK your teacher will have to include why there is such a big discrepancy between you predicted and actual grades so it'll all be taken into account. It definitely looks dodgy if your teachers can't justify it on the reference.

Well I mean theyre just 2 above what I got and I was pretty close to the B grade for a couple of C's and 5 marks off an A with the B so I dont think it would be a huge issue
Original post by hellomynameisr
How did you get your teachers to predict you that? :lol:

I was a few marks off from getting the next above grade, plus I underperformed on some exams but got A's in coursework so thankfully they took that in consideration
I was a few marks off from getting the next above grade, plus I underperformed on some exams but got A's in coursework so thankfully they took that in consideration

What makes you and your teachers think you won't underperform this time?

I suspect that competent admissions departments would be sceptical about your predictions, to say the least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C to A jump may be possible but who predicts a B to A* jump?? Seems ridiculous really by your teachers seeing as A2 is more difficult than AS.
Be very selective of your uni's just in case because those predicted grades are vastly higher than what you've already achieved.
That's a six grade improvement they are forecasting, and unless there is some serious justification in the reference, it won't be regarded as reasonable.
Original post by ageshallnot
What makes you and your teachers think you won't underperform this time?

I suspect that competent admissions departments would be sceptical about your predictions, to say the least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by tcameron
C to A jump may be possible but who predicts a B to A* jump?? Seems ridiculous really by your teachers seeing as A2 is more difficult than AS.
Be very selective of your uni's just in case because those predicted grades are vastly higher than what you've already achieved.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
That's a six grade improvement they are forecasting, and unless there is some serious justification in the reference, it won't be regarded as reasonable.

Lmao they've just changed it to AAB now so they're as confused as me I guess :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao they've just changed it to AAB now so they're as confused as me I guess :dontknow:

That sounds a lot more realistic and achievable. Your school must be generous though, when I was doing A levels they never would predict someone to go up by two grades
Original post by tcameron
That sounds a lot more realistic and achievable. Your school must be generous though, when I was doing A levels they never would predict someone to go up by two grades

I think it may be because of the fact that our AS grades as a whole were pretty ****ing bad and our school is quite a high achieving one, so they may be doing some damage control or something idk, but yeah they've been doing it to a number of students lmao

top RG universities will not accept that to be honest, it isn't realistic in their eyes although you maybe capable of it, sadly they will view you only as grades because that's what you need at the end of the day to get into the course and what counts, there's often other students who have the better grades to get them predicted grades of a*aa, although it maybe worth a try of 1-2 choices, don't entirely put top rg unis with high requirements down as 3 or more choices. Remember there is adjustment, if you do get them grades, although for competitive courses it's literally hard to get a space at top university. It just depends on your course and how competitive it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In interviews at least they only seem to care about predicted grades. None of my interviewers even looked at my AS grades and just assumed they were as good as my predicted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending