The Student Room Group

Hillary Clinton has had another coughing fit. Let's face it, she's sick.

"Hillary Clinton had yet another coughing fit, this time in Cleveland Ohio during a rally on Labor Day - Monday, September 5, 2016. She was accompanied during this trip by her running mate, former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine. He was very supportive during the aforementioned coughing fit, which lasted about 3 to 4 minutes. As she was having the coughing fit, she blamed it on having to talk too much. Even though all other Presidential candidates talk a lot as well, especially Donald Trump who is out and speaking in the public more than Hillary Clinton is.

Excuses from her camp and from her supporters, in general, have been flying from all angles. The first excuse is the age card. Her former opponent in the DNC to become the nominee, Bernie Sanders, is 74 years old, older than both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, and he never had any type of coughing fit on the campaign trail. The second excuse is "allergies" in Cleveland irritating her throat and making her cough. Which, of course, does not make sense because it is currently September, not the dog days of summer, and there was no forecast for allergy risk in Cleveland. Beyond that, this is not the first time Hillary has had a coughing fit. At this point, it is expected for her to cough herself into oblivion at every campaign stop."

- Anthony Brian Logan (YouTube).

Clinton is clearly ill - it's undeniable. Whether she's fit to become the POTUS or not is another question, but surely these fits indicate that she is "damaged goods". Being POTUS is a high-stress job, and personally, I don't think she can handle it. And then calling it a "Trump allergy"?! Hahaha... pathetic.

Can you imagine if this was flipped around and it was Trump who was ill?!

She also had a fit on a plane ride from Ohio to Iowa. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/05/choke-artist-hillary-clinton-yet-another-coughing-fit-plane-ride-ohio-iowa/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Let's face it, not voting for the only remotely reasonable presidential candidate of the main four because they're a little ill is bananas.
Reply 2
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Let's face it, not voting for the only remotely reasonable presidential candidate of the main four because they're a little ill is bananas.

She's not just "a little ill" is she. She's been ill for years. She's had troubles with fainting, coughing, and concussion - which she has openly admitted to.

Medical questions were raised about Nixon's health and about McCain's health, yet when Clinton is asked for her records she refuses to release them...

Apparently, this is all just a right-wing conspiracy, but as the weeks go on, it's clear something is wrong.
She also has repeatedly forgot what she was talking about during her rallies,and had to be kept on track by that security/paramedic guy. Imagine her trying to negotiate with Putin, he'd walk all over her.

How is what Trump said unreasonable? If something only affects illegal immigration, how is that bad?
Original post by Dodgypirate
She's not just "a little ill" is she. She's been ill for years. She's had troubles with fainting, coughing, and concussion - which she has openly admitted to.

Medical questions were raised about Nixon's health and about McCain's health, yet when Clinton is asked for her records she refuses to release them...

Apparently, this is all just a right-wing conspiracy, but as the weeks go on, it's clear something is wrong.

Even if it is problematic, having a dying Hillary in office is leaps and bounds ahead of the other nutters.

Original post by MildredMalone

How is what Trump said unreasonable? If something only affects illegal immigration, how is that bad?

His economic policy amounts to protectionism + tax cuts for the rich, about as economically inept as you can get.

He is under the laughable delusion that somehow Mexico is going to pay for his crackpot 'wall' scheme, when there's literally no chance that will, or should happen.

And that's before he's even revealed much of a solid policy platform, and that which he has revealed, he changes his mind on every five minutes or so.
Oh no she coughed, definitely unfit for president, bad!

:rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by alevelstresss
Oh no she coughed, definitely unfit for president, bad!

:rolleyes:

Don't play dumb.

It was a coughing fit - one of many. Your evil matriarch is ill.
I suspect if I went for months on end with no break, surviving on just a few hours sleep a night, eating nutritionally deficient food on the go, spent hours each week in germ filled planes, and spent several hours every day shaking hands with people who have God knows what germs, I would probably have a bit of a cough as well.
Reply 8
Original post by ice_cube
I suspect if I went for months on end with no break, surviving on just a few hours sleep a night, eating nutritionally deficient food on the go, spent hours each week in germ filled planes, and spent several hours every day shaking hands with people who have God knows what germs, I would probably have a bit of a cough as well.

Yeah, surely Bernie Sanders, who is much older than Clinton would have the same issues...

Surely Trump, who is older, would too...

Oh, wait.

You're expected to travel as the POTUS, you're expected to have less sleep, etc... She's incompetent.
Reply 9
Even if it is problematic, having a dying Hillary in office is leaps and bounds ahead of the other nutters.

His economic policy amounts to protectionism + tax cuts for the rich, about as economically inept as you can get.

He is under the laughable delusion that somehow Mexico is going to pay for his crackpot 'wall' scheme, when there's literally no chance that will, or should happen.

And that's before he's even revealed much of a solid policy platform, and that which he has revealed, he changes his mind on every five minutes or so.

How is having a corrupt politician who votes for wars and lies about the motivation for the motivation of Americans better for America than someone who is worried about illegal immigration and terrorism?

Hilary is consistent she will say anything to get votes, she votes against gay marriage but is in favour of it apparently, sexual assault is a problem and people coming forward should be listened to unless they are children and Bill then they need to be discredited.
I don't care if she cant run for president due to illness (probably leaving Sanders to take her place), I only want her to win because I don't want Trump to win.
Don't play dumb.

It was a coughing fit - one of many. Your evil matriarch is ill.

Believe it or not, a coughing fit doesn't make me suddenly love Trump. Lmfao

I love your source use as well, Brietbart, perhaps the second least credible news source in the western world.
Even if she had health problems why does that not make her a credible candidate for president? If she was losing her mind like Regan then perhaps, but I don't think being prone to coughing is something anyone is going to take seriously as a reason not to vote for someone. Kennedy had serious health problem for almost all of his presidency and was still deemed a very capable president.
Original post by joecphillips
How is having a corrupt politician who votes for wars and lies about the motivation for the motivation of Americans better for America than someone who is worried about illegal immigration and terrorism?

Hilary is consistent she will say anything to get votes, she votes against gay marriage but is in favour of it apparently, sexual assault is a problem and people coming forward should be listened to unless they are children and Bill then they need to be discredited.

Because if you nitpick bad things about Hillary and good things about Trump, suddenly its alright?
Compare Trump and Hillary equally, and you'll see the problem.
Yeah, surely Bernie Sanders, who is much older than Clinton would have the same issues...

Surely Trump, who is older, would too...

Oh, wait.

You're expected to travel as the POTUS, you're expected to have less sleep, etc... She's incompetent.

Clinton has now been doing this for much longer than Sanders, and her rate of travel and amount of campaigning she's doing is far, far higher than Trumps. Trump doesn't do too much of the shaking hands and talking to people - he does a speech, waves and jumps back on the jet.

Several national leaders have reported that running a country is less exhausting than the campaign - that's a pretty common phenomenon. Just looking at Cameron in the run up to the election or referendum shows this.

He has outlined how "Mexico will pay", and it's not a case of the Mexicans writing a cheque to the wall builders.
Original post by alevelstresss
Believe it or not, a coughing fit doesn't make me suddenly love Trump. Lmfao

I love your source use as well, Brietbart, perhaps the second least credible news source in the western world.

Ignore the source then, watch the videos.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/05/politics/hillary-clinton-coughing-donald-trump-allergic/

http://nypost.com/2016/09/05/hillary-blames-coughing-fit-on-trump-allergy-at-rally/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/09/05/hillary_clinton_starts_speech_with_massive_coughing_fit_every_time_i_think_about_trump_i_get_allergic.html

Enough?
Original post by ice_cube
Clinton has now been doing this for much longer than Sanders, and her rate of travel and amount of campaigning she's doing is far, far higher than Trumps. Trump doesn't do too much of the shaking hands and talking to people - he does a speech, waves and jumps back on the jet.

Several national leaders have reported that running a country is less exhausting than the campaign - that's a pretty common phenomenon. Just looking at Cameron in the run up to the election or referendum shows this.

Right, well you're probably right then... Clinton is in contact with so many cough-ridden people on her campaign. Poor lass.

Cameron had tons of coughing fits and seizures too, you're absolutely right.
she is so sick innit bruv

Spoiler

Original post by Fizzel
Even if she had health problems why does that not make her a credible candidate for president? If she was losing her mind like Regan then perhaps, but I don't think being prone to coughing is something anyone is going to take seriously as a reason not to vote for someone. Kennedy had serious health problem for almost all of his presidency and was still deemed a very capable president.

If it were just he coughing fits, you might have a point. But when she repeatedly has had "brain freeze", forgetting what she was talking about during her rallies, several years after a blood clot in her brain, we have to wonder how she'd cope with other world leaders.

Quick Reply

Latest