The Student Room Group

gramar, what the correct answer?

10 - This mp3 player has too many confusing buttons! I wish I ___ make sense of them.
- can
- could
- should
- would

11 - House prices have been rising year on year. _____ will probably continue for the next decade.
- There
- These
- This
- Those
12 - _____was alleged that Frank had hacked into the computer and stolen the data.- it- That- This- What

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tardieu
10 - This mp3 player has too many confusing buttons! I wish I ___ make sense of them.
- can
- could
- should
- would

11 - House prices have been rising year on year. _____ will probably continue for the next decade.
- There
- These
- This
- Those
12 - _____was alleged that Frank had hacked into the computer and stolen the data.- it- That- This- What

10. Could
11. This
12. It
Any more?
10. could
11. This
12. It

Also it's spelt 'grammar' with two 'm's.
Could
This
It

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by TheNerdProfessor
10. Could
11. This
12. It
Any more?

Great!! other...
13 - Tom _____ that it was he who had stolen the money.admit
admittance
admitted
has admit
Original post by Tardieu
Great!! other...
13 - Tom _____ that it was he who had stolen the money.admit
admittance
admitted
has admit

13. Admitted
Next please...
(edited 7 years ago)
Grammar*
Why do you want to know the answers to these questions, is it for a job application or something?
Reply 8
7 - Only after I had finished reading the essay _____ that the whole piece had been plagiarised.• I did realise• I realise• am I realising• did I realise
8 - It was proposed that he _____ a holiday.• should takes• take• taking• to take
9 - Tom _____ that it was he who had stolen the money.• admit• admittance• admitted• has admit
10 - Kevin ____ me to lend him some money, but in the end I said no.• begged• confessed• insisted• recommended
11 - ___ wanted to be a surgeon since childhood, he immediately applied to medical school.• Had• Have• Having• He has
12 - I need an actor who is distinguished and a good comedian. _____ actor is hard to find.• So• Such an• The one• The same13 - What our ___is maximum profit.• goal• goal must be• goal should• goal that
14 - Crossing the street, he _____ knocked down by a speeding car.• got• has• has got• was getting
15 - House prices have been rising year on year. _____ will probably continue for the next decade.• There• These• This• Those
16 - I love our flat-screen TV. I _____ to go back to our old one.• could hate• must have hated• will hate• would hate
17 - _____ mention his divorce. It came as an immense shock when I found out.• At no time did he• At no time he did• He at no time• No time he did
18 - My father _____ me not to buy used cars because they break down too often.• advised• said• suggested
threatened

threatened
13. Admitted
Next please...
13 denied
This person is just getting TSR to do their English homework.
Original post by Tardieu
7 - Only after I had finished reading the essay _____ that the whole piece had been plagiarised.• I did realise• I realise• am I realising• did I realise
8 - It was proposed that he _____ a holiday.• should takes• take• taking• to take
9 - Tom _____ that it was he who had stolen the money.• admit• admittance• admitted• has admit
10 - Kevin ____ me to lend him some money, but in the end I said no.• begged• confessed• insisted• recommended
11 - ___ wanted to be a surgeon since childhood, he immediately applied to medical school.• Had• Have• Having• He has
12 - I need an actor who is distinguished and a good comedian. _____ actor is hard to find.• So• Such an• The one• The same13 - What our ___is maximum profit.• goal• goal must be• goal should• goal that
14 - Crossing the street, he _____ knocked down by a speeding car.• got• has• has got• was getting
15 - House prices have been rising year on year. _____ will probably continue for the next decade.• There• These• This• Those
16 - I love our flat-screen TV. I _____ to go back to our old one.• could hate• must have hated• will hate• would hate
17 - _____ mention his divorce. It came as an immense shock when I found out.• At no time did he• At no time he did• He at no time• No time he did
18 - My father _____ me not to buy used cars because they break down too often.• advised• said• suggested
threatened

threatened

7. Did
8. Takes
9. Admitted
10. Begged
11. Having
12. Such an
13. Goal must be
14. Got
15. This
16. Would hate
17. At no time did he
18. Advised
Reply 12
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Why do you want to know the answers to these questions, is it for a job application or something?

N, just some discursion about different point of view regarding grammar
Reply 13
Thanks a lot! I´ll be back with some discursion about it!!
Reply 14
Original post by Tardieu
Thanks a lot! I´ll be back with some discursion about it!!

8 - there isn´t this option "should take"
Reply 15
8 - there isn´t this option: "should take"
Reply 16
7. Did
8. Takes
9. Admitted
10. Begged
11. Having
12. Such an
13. Goal must be
14. Got
15. This
16. Would hate
17. At no time did he
18. Advised

8 - there isn´t this option "takes"
Reply 17
Follow more grammar questions:
19 - _____ for his erratic temper, he was offered a part as the film's villain.• Knew• Knowing• Known• To know20 - _____ is the population explosion that is the cause of our problems.• It• It's• What• Who21 - I need an actor who is distinguished and a good comedian. _____ actor is hard to find.• So• Such an• The one• The same22 - The prototpye was abysmal, but now it leaves its competitors standing! Someone _____ worked on it!• have to• must have• ought to• should has23 - It is tomorrow that I am going to _____ my ankle operated on.• getting• had• have• having24 - The student came late to class, _____ the teacher's gaze as he sat down.• avoid• avoided• avoiding• to avoid
Original post by Tardieu
8 - there isn´t this option "takes"

Then the most correct answer is 'take'
Guys can you not like just blindly give him the answers?

OP why do you want to know? You shouldn't be getting other people to do your homework, especially if it's for language learning :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending