The Student Room Group

*HELP* My Schools Sixth Form won't let me in :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
**** the start date for what I would like to do was Yesterday! Do I still have any chance of getting in?

Also after looking most of them started yesterday. :frown:

You've left all this so late.

What were you doing for that one week period after you go GCSEs??

Seriously, you didn't even have a back-up plan?
Why do you even want to continue on an academic route? It's obviously not your forte.

Find a job and start your life. If you can't get 5 Cs at GCSEs, what you want to do A Levels in order to get to uni? Really?

Find something that doesn't require academics and make a career out of that. So sad that people think academic education achievement is the be all end all.
Reply 22
Original post by Writer_Refresh
You've left all this so late.

What were you doing for that one week period after you go GCSEs??

Seriously, you didn't even have a back-up plan?

Look, I went for results and a teacher was like you should be able to stay and complete BTEC's. If this teacher would have said I would have been unable to attend 6th form at my school then I would have made other arrangements then.

Today I go for first day of 6th form all seems good until I had to go to 6th form office to change some options and the head of sixth form is like "Sorry, but you are unable to attend 6th form" So now what do I do?

My schools sixth form starts Thursday. Should I just go in like nothing has happened and go to form?
Reply 23
Original post by yudothis
Why do you even want to continue on an academic route? It's obviously not your forte.

Find a job and start your life. If you can't get 5 Cs at GCSEs, what you want to do A Levels in order to get to uni? Really?

Find something that doesn't require academics and make a career out of that. So sad that people think academic education achievement is the be all end all.

So a apprenticeship?

Could I still get on one in time?
So a apprenticeship?

What does "in time" mean? As in if you miss a certain day, all apprenticeships will be gone? I doubt it.
Reply 25
What does "in time" mean? As in if you miss a certain day, all apprenticeships will be gone? I doubt it.

No, As in like a start date.

Do apprenticeships start at academic times or are they random?
You need to sort your GCSEs out, that's what you need to do. If I were you I'd find a college that will let you sit GCSEs again, and look at getting Maths, English, Science, + 2 others up to at least a C, then move forward. Fact is you may not get in to university because your GCSE grades are so poor right now.

I doubt they start at academic times.

But I am serious about this suggestion, you should really consider it.

Depends on the apprenticeship, some run for the academic year if they're competitive, some start randomly. Don't take an apprenticeship for the sake of it. They're a good route in if you need a way in but I think you seem to know what you want to do at uni
You can try college or an apprenticeship. You still have time to enrol/apply for both. My friend enrolled in college a couple of weeks after the start date. Apprenticeships are going around pretty much all year, although the bulk are taking on now. It's worth a try. If you do college, or an apprenticeship through college, they'll help you get your English grade up as well
I doubt they start at academic times.

But I am serious about this suggestion, you should really consider it.

As most require some kind of college input, would it not make sense to start then?
Original post by Donkey******
As most require some kind of college input, would it not make sense to start then?

So if they have an open space somewhere, they are just going to say, ah well better wait for next year's academic cycle?
I don't have 5 C's or better I have 4 and my sixth form says that I can't go there after going today!

What do I do now??? Where do I go now???

I also need to resit English Language because I got a D. If I would have got a C in this like in my year 10 mocks then I would not have all this to deal with!

Did you pass the exam where you swore at the examiner or the one where you claim to have drawn a giant phallus on the exam paper?

Ask them if theres any scope for resitting the exam and then entering the sixth form next year?

Perhaps you are more suited towards doing an apprenticeship or going to college and doing BTECS?
Reply 33
Original post by 999tigger
Did you pass the exam where you swore at the examiner or the one where you claim to have drawn a giant phallus on the exam paper?

Ask them if theres any scope for resitting the exam and then entering the sixth form next year?

Perhaps you are more suited towards doing an apprenticeship or going to college and doing BTECS?

I actually passed those 2 papers surprisingly.
Original post by Donkey******
You need to sort your GCSEs out, that's what you need to do. If I were you I'd find a college that will let you sit GCSEs again, and look at getting Maths, English, Science, + 2 others up to at least a C, then move forward. Fact is you may not get in to university because your GCSE grades are so poor right now.

This or a apprentiship! Phone up connextions for advice they can help too!
I actually passed those 2 papers surprisingly.

You need 5 GCSE's including Maths and English. You could ho and do some resits and BTEC at college. If you had apsirations to go to Uni then you need to pull your socks up.
**** the start date for what I would like to do was Yesterday! Do I still have any chance of getting in?

Also after looking most of them started yesterday. :frown:

Yeah. People start late all the time. We had people still changing courses until november
Just resit and then do what you want to do
So a apprenticeship?

If this is the case, go to the head of sixth form, mention this teacher's name and what they told you. This clearly wasn't your fault, this teacher gave you incorrect information, and because of it, you currently have no placement anywhere. This teacher is to blame, not you.

I strongly recommend have a meeting with both the head of sixth of form, this teacher, hell, even your parents. If you can get their back up, you'll have a much stronger position, and have a more likely chance at convincing the head of sixth form to give you a place regardless of the situation you are in.

Sure, the teacher may hate you afterwards, but as long as you have no classes with her, you should be fine.
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
This or a apprentiship! Phone up connextions for advice they can help too!

Apprenticeships require you to have decent GCSEs as well if you want to do one at a good level.

Quick Reply

Latest