The Student Room Group

Advice/Questions on retaking Year 12 at a different Sixth Form...

I recently got kicked out my Sixth Form and not offered a Resit due to a bad grade in Biology. I have applied for different Sixth Forms, do I have to tell them I failed etc? And would that impact my chances of getting in at that specific Sixth Form?

Also, if I did retake and finish the course would the grades be worth less or would they be the same as if I stayed at my old Sixth Form?
Original post by harris26
I recently got kicked out my Sixth Form and not offered a Resit due to a bad grade in Biology. I have applied for different Sixth Forms, do I have to tell them I failed etc? And would that impact my chances of getting in at that specific Sixth Form?

Also, if I did retake and finish the course would the grades be worth less or would they be the same as if I stayed at my old Sixth Form?

I would recommend you tell your new school you are resitting and no your grades would not be any less although some universities generally discriminate against people that resit. Keep your head up and do well
Reply 2
Original post by Raizelcadres
I would recommend you tell your new school you are resitting and no your grades would not be any less although some universities generally discriminate against people that resit. Keep your head up and do well

One thing I really am dreading is if they turn around and say 'You failed once, you might fail here' and decline me on the basis. Plus my heart was set on an apprenticeship until quite recently when I have had a change of heart and want to do A-Levels again and cut out the mistakes I made last year. If they told me they still review external applicants and asked for my GCSE Results and contact number, I'm guessing this is a good sign?
Original post by harris26
One thing I really am dreading is if they turn around and say 'You failed once, you might fail here' and decline me on the basis. Plus my heart was set on an apprenticeship until quite recently when I have had a change of heart and want to do A-Levels again and cut out the mistakes I made last year. If they told me they still review external applicants and asked for my GCSE Results and contact number, I'm guessing this is a good sign?

Call the school and ask them if they allow people to resit the year. They should all you to resit. Apprenticeships are really good but they are quite hard to get. Yeah I think it is, keep me in on what's happening
Reply 4
Original post by Raizelcadres
Call the school and ask them if they allow people to resit the year. They should all you to resit. Apprenticeships are really good but they are quite hard to get. Yeah I think it is, keep me in on what's happening

Yeah I applied at a few of the more 'Higher end' apprenticeships such as the higher pay and straight on to Advanced apprenticeships but I've had a mssive change of heart and want to carry on studying. But yeah, hopefully i will be in contact with the school again soon and will update you. Thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 5
Bump?

Quick Reply

Latest