The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arbuthnot-
Ooh you little *****!
Original post by 04MR17
104487I must disagree with you there. Windows 10 just seems more polished. Whereas windows 7 has become, just a bit average really. Windows 8/8.1 was radically different from 7 and windows 10 is somewhere in between the two: which I like.

I don't mind Windows 10, but I prefer Windows 7. It just works nicely, how I like it. Windows 10 has a higher graphic requirement which is not good with integrated graphics cards, plus you have to remember to turn off all the privacy things.
Both of my laptops have integrated graphics cards, I dual booted my new one with Windows 7 and 10 (10 was preinstalled) and guess what - windows 7 works better with regards to playing games!

Windows 8 was diabolical, the duplo tiles made it a mess and thank goodness I took the free windows 10 upgrade on my parents' laptop. To be honest if my laptop came with windows 8.1 I'd pay the full retail price of another OS (or even go down the Linux or Mac OS route) just to get Windows 8/8.1 off my system.

edit: keep it civil now 04MR17.
Pages 172 - 3 from post 3437 you did the wrong thousands....OK

04MR17.... did you ever go back and correct your numbers from last week?
You almost timed that so that it could be called a distraction. And I would say that this assumption would be aided by the fact that you are close behind me in the 100th post scores. I don't play dirty, as I possess a certain level of decorum. Back to the matter in hand: I'm not going back a week's worth of numbers to change something that I don't remember. The numbers here are correct and that's what matters. If you wish, you can find my "incorrect" numbers, and I will happily change them. However, I have always corrected as I go and so I can't believe that such an oversight could have occurred.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
I don't mind Windows 10, but I prefer Windows 7. It just works nicely, how I like it. Windows 10 has a higher graphic requirement which is not good with integrated graphics cards, plus you have to remember to turn off all the privacy things.
Both of my laptops have integrated graphics cards, I dual booted my new one with Windows 7 and 10 (10 was preinstalled) and guess what - windows 7 works better with regards to playing games!

Windows 8 was diabolical, the duplo tiles made it a mess and thank goodness I took the free windows 10 upgrade on my parents' laptop. To be honest if my laptop came with windows 8.1 I'd pay the full retail price of another OS (or even go down the Linux or Mac OS route) just to get Windows 8/8.1 off my system.

edit: keep it civil now 04MR17.
Fair enough. P.S. That was dirty tactics from @Arbuthnot-
Original post by 04MR17
104503You almost timed that so that it could be called a distraction. And I would say that this assumption would be aided by the fact that you are close behind me in the 100th post scores. I don't play dirty, as I possess a certain level of decorum. Back to the matter in hand: I'm not going back a week's worth of numbers to change something that I don't remember. The numbers here are correct and that's what matters. If you wish, you can find my "incorrect" numbers, and I will happily change them. However, I have always corrected as I go and so I can't believe that such an oversight could have occurred.

NO that wasn't my intention at all, just needed to remind you because it wasn't being fixed.

Pages 172 - 3 from post 3437 you did the wrong thousands....OK

Hi Arbuthnot, thanks for letting me know. :smile:

If you could link me to the errors, that'd be gratefully appreciated as I'll then slap a rule 16b on them :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
Fair enough. P.S. That was dirty tactics from @Arbuthnot-

Okay, I didn't see the full tactics thing so thanks for letting me know.

I also don't like the fact that you can't turn off Windows Update on windows 10, you have to either install immediately, or delay the install of updtes. so if there's an update that will cause issues with a driver, or anything else, you can't do anything about it unless you install a 3rd party update manager that stops the windows updates.

(edited 7 years ago)
Hi
Numbers are out by 2000 from here onwards, can we have some edits please?
Thanks
Sorry spots, I was on my phone that morning and didn't realise: quotes weren't being notified at that point either.
Hi Arbuthnot, thanks for letting me know. :smile:

If you could link me to the errors, that'd be gratefully appreciated as I'll then slap a rule 16b on them :smile:

Hello spotify95 like i said pages172 from post number 3437

and some on next page 173 :smile:

Sorry this website crashed on me been down for several minutes .

(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, I didn't see the full tactics thing so thanks for letting me know.I also don't like the fact that you can't turn off Windows Update on windows 10, you have to either install immediately, or delay the install of updates. so if there's an update that will cause issues with a driver, or anything else, you can't do anything about it unless you install a 3rd party update manager that stops the windows updates.
Hi Arbuthnot, thanks for letting me know.

If you could link me to the errors, that'd be gratefully appreciated as I'll then slap a rule 16b on them
Hello spotify95 like i said pages172 from post number 3437 and some on next page 173

Done them now. That was very sneaky @Arbuthnot-, it's not often that you can play that card. P.S. no number
And now you've caused 503!
Whatever next!

Latest