The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ay42
What makes you doubt that they will hire grads?

traditionally a majority of grad intakes come from summers, and given this years numbers it doesn't look prospective for outside grad intake hiring
I can't find the IBD graduate programme for Barclays. Am I missing something? Is it still closed or are simply not hiring for the IBD this year?

EDIT: Same question about SocGen and BNP. They don't seem to have anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone done Deutsche? What documents did you upload?
Original post by josh_v
Anyone done Deutsche? What documents did you upload?

Just a CV and CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RBC say they are now going to review the application and respond within three working days? Respond with a decision or an update or what exactly - does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whitepalms
I can't find the IBD graduate programme for Barclays. Am I missing something? Is it still closed or are simply not hiring for the IBD this year?

EDIT: Same question about SocGen and BNP. They don't seem to have anything.

Not every bank is hiring grads in all divisions this year, a lot of them being filled up with interns (as mentioned already..)
BNP is a trading house anyway, they ain't about dat ibd lyf
They were also both still closed last I checked the other day
Original post by MaGeehkaal
anybody got any insight on the barclays "Business insight assessment"?

Yes. Its very very long. You watch a clip, and then there will be a question related to how you would respond in that situation. You have to rank from most likely to least likely response.

Anyone done Barclays Online Interview? What should I expect?*
Did people hear back after the first Barclays test immediately?

I hated it, so wouldn't be surprised if I haven't heard back because they're processing my rejection...
Original post by sleepinglions

I hated it, so wouldn't be surprised if I haven't heard back because they're processing my rejection...

A few other people and I never heard anything from them after completing the test. I actually felt like I did well so I am really surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
A few other people and I never heard anything from them after completing the test. I actually felt like I did well so I am really surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, that's reassuring to hear then!

What division did you apply for?
Ah okay, that's reassuring to hear then!

What division did you apply for?

I applied to IBD for September Off-Cycle, you?
I applied to IBD for September Off-Cycle, you?

Ah okay! Corporate Banking Grad Scheme.

I heard back immediately. Asked to do an 'online interview', although no idea what that involves.*
Original post by josh_v
I heard back immediately. Asked to do an 'online interview', although no idea what that involves.*

What division did you apply for? And when did you sit yours? (If you don't mind me asking!) :smile:
What division did you apply for? And when did you sit yours? (If you don't mind me asking!) :smile:

I sat the Business Insight Test yesterday afternoon. Applied for Risk.
Called them up to just clarify it all, and the guy I spoke to apologised for the delay, they're taking a little longer than expected to get back to people however we should hear back by the end of this week and if not, early next week.

Original post by josh_v
I sat the Business Insight Test yesterday afternoon. Applied for Risk.

Thanks! Good luck with the online interview :h:
Called them up to just clarify it all, and the guy I spoke to apologised for the delay, they're taking a little longer than expected to get back to people however we should hear back by the end of this week and if not, early next week.

Thanks! Good luck with the online interview :h:

To me that sounds like it is going to be a rejection...

But thanks for calling them! I emailed them last night so will let you know if they respond.

End of this week? Tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
To me that sounds like it is going to be a rejection...

But thanks for calling them! I emailed them last night so will let you know if they respond.

End of this week? Tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He did say they're sending out replies today and tomorrow, but I'm not going to take that as bible tbh!
Barclays took the piss this year incredible

Quick Reply

Latest