The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
lol ok then :tongue:
ving deux vingt trois vingt quatre vingt cinq etc....
Now you're just showing off.
Original post by 04MR17
104545How DARE you! I insist that this thread gives counters a competition, which brings with it a sense of achievement and a friendly atmosphere. Having posted on Last post to win a lot about a year ago, I soon got disillusioned with the whole things because it appeared completely nonsensical. Also, there were too many emojis. This thread on the other hand has arithmetic at its core. And is developed on the basis on healthy competition. It is also a learning experience, (e.g. @CheeseIsVeg has commented on a lack of counting ability yet posts on here because of the spirit).

That reply was so nerdy lmao :rofl:

Plus the last person to post thread changed from a year ago. It's mostly a chat thread now anyway, where people just go and chat :yep:

Too bad this thread doesn't promote much chat :sad: The competition on here is not as competitive aswell. I was the one I think who introduced the 100th post stats to boost competition and encourage more posting.
Original post by 04MR17
104510Sorry spots, I was on my phone that morning and didn't realise: quotes weren't being notified at that point either.

Okay thanks! :smile: Yeah, quotes have been a bit of a pain recently to be honest, I have had many missed notifiers as well. Thankfully its back and running now :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
104558Now you're just showing off.

:innocent:
u guys are better at counting in english tho - i suck at that
Original post by spotify95
Okay thanks! :smile: Yeah, quotes have been a bit of a pain recently to be honest, I have had many missed notifiers as well. Thankfully its back and running now :smile:

my tsr died a small while ago
notifs went barmy :lolwut:
its ok now tho :biggrin:

Hey spotify :hello:

Like my new rule in the other thread? Hopefully this will prevent cheating from occurring :biggrin:
Original post by eternaforest
Have you thought about gettin a cooler? My laptop can run league of legends (on low quality) perfectly fine for hours without heating. It only really gets hot when I've got some hefty programs running like FL studio and Sony vegas. I once had Sony vegas and FL studio rendering at the same time; not a good idea :frown:

I've already got a laptop stand to raise the laptop up and give some more airflow to the laptop, plus there's a cooling fan thing that has 3 fans on it and blows cool air up at the laptop... even with those it STILL overheats!

This laptop is prone to overheating though - as is all the other Acer 57xx models. :frown:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr T 999
That reply was so nerdy
Of course.
Plus the last person to post thread changed from a year ago. It's mostly a chat thread now anyway, where people just go and chat
Chatting... chatting.. yes I've used that word in scrabble. But that's about it. Phatic talk is simply pointless.
Too bad this thread doesn't promote much chat
We have plenty of chat. Just look at me and cheese!
The competition on here is not as competitive as well.
Which will hopefully change when spots and cupcakes get a move on.
I was the one I think who introduced the 100th post stats to boost competition and encourage more posting.
And we're grateful for it. But it isn't too high profile and the thread win is the more desired prize!

Hey spotify :hello:

Like my new rule in the other thread? Hopefully this will prevent cheating from occurring :biggrin:

Hey :hi:

Yeah, I saw that rule in Last To Post and it definitely helps in regards to stopping the cheating etc :smile: Lets hope that solves it :smile:

And sorry for not being able to be in the Last To Post thread that much!

(edited 7 years ago)
u guys are better at counting in english tho - i suck at that

my tsr died a small while ago
notifs went barmy
its ok now tho
Do the French have different numerical symbols? Oh yeah, we think the last posts to win caused the system to crash. I got the 503 error. Everything's fine now at my end though.
Original post by Arbuthnot-
Hello spotify95 like i said pages172 from post number 3437

and some on next page 173 :smile:

Sorry this website crashed on me been down for several minutes .

Thanks :smile: I've just taken a look and they appear to be OK now :smile:

The website crashed on me as well, I couldn't edit anything or access any TSR webpage at all

(edited 7 years ago)
The website crashed on me as well, I couldn't edit anything or access any TSR webpage at all
Ditto.
Original post by 04MR17
104567Do the French have different numerical symbols? Oh yeah, we think the last posts to win caused the system to crash. I got the 503 error. Everything's fine now at my end though.

tsr just crashed on me :toofunny:

Do you mean like for 1, 2, 3, 4? :tongue:
As that would give you the answer of non :france: XD
tsr just crashed on meDo you mean like for 1, 2, 3, 4?As that would give you the answer of non XD
Same. Yeah like them! Then how can counting in English be more difficult: numbers defy language. Unless you're playing bingo on a Spanish holiday.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest