The Student Room Group

Application modules

I have done maths A level and Further maths AS.

The combination was;
Maths - C1-C4,S1,S2
FM - FP1,D1,D2

Is statistics 'locked in' with maths since I finished the A level?

I'll be taking fp2,fp3 and M1 in 2017.

I want to resit an application module along with c3 and c4, so I can get 90+, if I resit S2 can it be swapped from maths to further maths?

Also if I take an extra module, say S3 can that be used in FM, even if S2 isn't included?
stat 1 can go for maths and stat 2 for further but not the other way if youve done both.
same for d1 and d2.
if you just did d1 or s1 (basically not the 2nd module) then it could stand for further as well if you'd have enough units there.

does this help?
but you dont need to worry too much as your exam board will swap the units around automatically for you anyway to give maths the best outcome
Original post by beth-robinson99
stat 1 can go for maths and stat 2 for further but not the other way if youve done both.
same for d1 and d2.
if you just did d1 or s1 (basically not the 2nd module) then it could stand for further as well if you'd have enough units there.

does this help?

Original post by beth-robinson99
but you dont need to worry too much as your exam board will swap the units around automatically for you anyway to give maths the best outcome

Yeah, I know that, but I mean can it still be swapped, having completed maths A level?
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yeah, I know that, but I mean can it still be swapped, having completed maths A level?

i would have thought so?because y12 modules can be swapped with y13 if you carry it on? and you're doig more further subjects anyway so......

Yes, as far as I'm aware, they will prioratise maths all the time as long as you do better in some given application module that any of the ones you got currently. These are application modules, they can be swapped between Maths and FM freely, you don't need to have S2 in FM to get S3 in there. I did FP4 without doing FP3 so of course they would accept it, modules aren't linked. They're only separated by the fact that some are AS and others are A2.
Reply 6

You'll need to tell your exam officer to re-cash in all the qualifications. Maths AS/A and FM AS/A. Then that will unlock everything and let them move it around.

What Zacken says. If all 4 of the AS and A level qualifications are re-cashed in, it "unlocks" the applied modules from A level Maths.
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest