The Student Room Group

Is Hillary Clinton A Good Person and Should She Be President

There is your topic. Now, let's discuss.

Scroll to see replies

No, no.
Hilary/bernie/corbyn( democrat or labour supporters) are like christmas lights. They all hang together, half of them don't work and the ones that do aren't very bright.

Hilary should not be president, she belongs in prison. She was responsible for Libya. That doesn't mean I like trump , he would be catastrophic for the economy and is generally an idiot. The only good thing about him are tax cuts. . Trump is not even a conservative , he is for big government and has donated to democrats before. I don't want either of them to be president.
COME ON GARY JOHNSON!!!!!!
Original post by nathan1276
Hilary/bernie/corbyn( democrat or labour supporters) are like christmas lights. They all hang together, half of them don't work and the ones that do aren't very bright.

Hilary should not be president, she belongs in prison. She was responsible for Libya. That doesn't mean I like trump , he would be catastrophic for the economy and is generally an idiot. The only good thing about him are tax cuts. . Trump is not even a conservative , he is for big government and has donated to democrats before. I don't want either of them to be president.
COME ON GARY JOHNSON!!!!!!

I wish our government was as small as America's tbh
Reply 4
Hardcore Zionist who wants to ban any Palestine movements on campus

War monger (always blaming Russia)

American exceptionalist who believes America is always in the right and can do whatever they like

But she loves open door immigration therefore that erases all of the above and makes her a nice person?

She pretty much represents everything wrong with the West. Call her Shillary Clinton.

She'll get the feminist vote I bet. What a lovely woman Madeline Albright is to endorse her. There's a special place in hell for woman who don't vote for Hillary...

500k dead Iraqi's was worth it....
(edited 7 years ago)
She looks more sicker than Freddie Mercury was. She would not be a good president and would spend most her time dealing with her visible health issues and leaking intelligence for all to see. rather than fixing up America.
Original post by richpanda
I wish our government was as small as America's tbh

ikr, teresa and cameron are lefties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(tax cuts arent big enough , privatise more stuff)
I liked Cameron alot better though , he was a very good PM( despite being too left wing), he got economy back on track and kept labour out. UK needs flat tax!!!!!!!! and no welfare
I've been convinced by a bunch of loud harpies.

Clinton is the best candidate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Xarzu
There is your topic. Now, let's discuss.

No. She's a career politician with no moral or common logic, will say or do anything to further herself. Warmongering and lying are her two favourite pasttimes. She even lied about being shot at by snipers in Bosnia... then denied it, then finally said that she was tired and delirious.....

This video sums it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI
i don't like her, Jill Stein would be my preference, but she's 100x better than Trump lol
Original post by nathan1276
ikr, teresa and cameron are lefties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(tax cuts arent big enough , privatise more stuff)
I liked Cameron alot better though , he was a very good PM( despite being too left wing), he got economy back on track and kept labour out. UK needs flat tax!!!!!!!! and no welfare

I've been wanting a flat tax rate for months! Preferably about 15%, maybe 10.
Probably not but unfortunately she's the best we can get given the horrific other option.
Original post by Plagioclase
Probably not but unfortunately she's the best we can get given the horrific other option.

What about Gary Johnson??( I know he wont win but he is the best and if he can win one state and get on the debate stage he may be able to stop hilary or donald reach 270 and a republican congress would elect him as president as they hate trump!
No and no.

That being said, she appears to be another generic leader, like most US presidents have been. That's better than an orange buffoon who neo-Nazis and White supremacists have been rallying behind because they think he represents their interests.
Original post by richpanda
I've been wanting a flat tax rate for months! Preferably about 15%, maybe 10.

How would a flat tax of even 15% cover the budget ? :s-smilie:
This whole election is now a case of do you want to be poisoned or shot in the face- have a slow painful death at the hands of Hillary Clinton only serving the interests of the corporate banks and MNCs (and there's no doubt that she'll go through with the TPP) or die quickly but messily at the hands of Trump who tbh won't actually pass anything that radical because he won't have the support (plus he can't be as bad as Bush.... Bush created ISIS essentially so he's set a pretty high **** up bar).
As for whether she's a good person- no, obviously not. She is hugely corrupt and to judge her character one only needs to look at the way she treated the women who had affairs with Bill Clinton. That says it all.
Should she be President? No. But neither should Trump. Honestly, Bernie should've been the winner of the primaries- it was rigged against him from the start. Even if you don't think that he should've won, it's clear that she shouldn't have either. It's pretty clear how she's going to be as President just by looking at the fact that she made the disgraced Debbie Wasserman Shultz, the perpetrator of a rigged primary, her campaign chair literally 2 DAYS after she resigned. She's going into Washington owing favours and that's not somebody you want in charge of the country. But like I said, Trump is a bumbling neanderthal so you don't want him either.

I've honestly stopped following the election because it's too sad to watch.
She mental
She's evil, I would prefer Trump any day of the week.
When you listen to Bill Clinton's speech about her at the Democratic convention, yes.
When you actually look at her history without the rose tinted glasses, no.
As far as I can see, there are only two reasons to support either way: 1. your opinion on who will better the problem of Islamism and Jihadism, and 2. who has more potential to correctly make difficult economic and religio-political decisions. The world does not want another Obama, i.e. another passive Islam apologist. Hilary is herself religious and, until recently (prompted by Trump), refused to call a spade a spade or in this case a muslim terrorist a muslim terrorist (not that there's much difference). Who can forget this ridiculous tweet from her that she has now in part reneged: "Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism."

Spoiler

She has a history of questionable funding from the Middle East, email security breaches, lack of decisive analysis in favour of PC platitudes, and lack of acknowledgement of the European Islamism crisis.

However, when you look at Trump, you realise there is no real decision to be made. You realise that he is so poor a candidate that to support Clinton becomes not just obvious but inevitable. Just to sum him up in one sentence: he does not believe in man-made climate change. Just let that sink in for a moment. He was also one of the morons making a huge fuss of Obama's birth certificate. His Twitter account could quite easily be mistaken for a brilliant troll. His intelligence is so shockingly low, his knowledge of Middle Eastern politics so lacking, and his understanding of running a country so limited that he would make history as the stupidest, least experienced, and least qualified President in the history of the US. His solutions to problems are as simple as they are backwards: build walls, ban everyone, become a super-state. He appeals to the equally simple-minded, chauvinistic, future-blind and uneducated toads who view Americans as their own race - who prioritise the flourish of Americans over the flourishing of humanity.

In a time of acute religio-political conflict and war, do any of you truly believe he has the political acumen to navigate the US? I will leave you with one gif to help make up your mind:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending