The Student Room Group

GCSE maths remark 2016

I got an A for GCSE mathematics which was one mark off an A*. My teacher said I could take a remark since its just one mark. Should I or not? What are the chances of getting an A* considering the increase in grade boundaries that AQA has made? Also I have been told to pay around 30 pounds what should I do??????HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Reply 1
The cost is around £30 per paper (depending on board). If you're looking for a single mark I'd send both papers off so you're looking at around sixty pounds. If your grade changes you will get a refund. The increase in grade boundaries is irrelevant, if the examiner has made a mistake and missed a mark your marks will go up and your grade will change. Assuming of course that you don't lose marks elsewhere. If money isn't tight I'd always recommend a re-mark if you're one mark off. Having said that I've sent a fair few off and as yet none have come back with any changes. Good luck.
Original post by Clemm101
The cost is around £30 per paper (depending on board). If you're looking for a single mark I'd send both papers off so you're looking at around sixty pounds. If your grade changes you will get a refund. The increase in grade boundaries is irrelevant, if the examiner has made a mistake and missed a mark your marks will go up and your grade will change. Assuming of course that you don't lose marks elsewhere. If money isn't tight I'd always recommend a re-mark if you're one mark off. Having said that I've sent a fair few off and as yet none have come back with any changes. Good luck.

But shud i spend 68.40 pounds for it ?? What if i dont get the mark? My exam officer said that theres only a 4% chance for change this year??? Im soo confused , i want the grade but at the same time dont want to risk my parents money.
Original post by Valanne
But shud i spend 68.40 pounds for it ?? What if i dont get the mark? My exam officer said that theres only a 4% chance for change this year??? Im soo confused , i want the grade but at the same time dont want to risk my parents money.

Didn't work for me !
1 mark of the star after remark stayed the same
waste of money and hope !!
Reply 4
When's the deadline for remarks?
. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?
Original post by Jane122
. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?

Sep 23
Reply 6
Original post by Jane122

The deadline is the 20th September but your school may have set an earlier internal deadline. Your school will keep your marks on their system for years. No, exam boards will not deal directly with candidates.
Reply 7
Original post by Valanne

The chances are not good. If you're worried about the money then don't do it; an A is excellent.
Reply 8
Was 2 marks off the next grade boundary. Paid £105 to remark all 3 papers... Nothing changed.... Rip.....

Quick Reply

Latest