The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First day went well 😃 Had Maths and Sociology. I am so excited for properly starting Maths :3 It seems so interesting at A-level. Tommorow I'll have an hour of English Lit and two hours of Psychology. Is anyone else doing Edexcel for Maths, and OCR for English Literature? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megthomass
Hey, my name is Megan. Dreading sixth form as all I have heard is As go to Ds etc etc.. also going to a sixth form in another school!!
Studying: chemistry :frown:, biology,history and english literature

SAME OMG

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow it looks like everyone's going back today. I don't start until tomorrow... eek.

How much homework does everyone have at this point? Relatively homework free or have you been thrown into the deep end? :biggrin:

Everyone enjoying their chosen subjects so far or is anyone having any second guesses??
Original post by unrealistic
Wow it looks like everyone's going back today. I don't start until tomorrow... eek.

How much homework does everyone have at this point? Relatively homework free or have you been thrown into the deep end? :biggrin:

Everyone enjoying their chosen subjects so far or is anyone having any second guesses??

on the second day of term i got a 350 word french essay to do. it's due in two days and i haven't even started
homework is pretty manageable so far mainly because of frees, and i tend to go to the library to get it done
i'm enjoying physics a lot more than i thought i would :biggrin:

Hey i started today :smile:
Well my chemistry teacher told us that we got a test on Thursday on valency ( basically what we've done today)
Is it weird that I'm actually jealous of everyone having their first day already. I don't start till Thursday. :redface:
Original post by SabakuKyuu
First day went well 😃 Had Maths and Sociology. I am so excited for properly starting Maths :3 It seems so interesting at A-level. Tommorow I'll have an hour of English Lit and two hours of Psychology. Is anyone else doing Edexcel for Maths, and OCR for English Literature? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't started school yet and to be honest I'm debating whether to change my option of English lit to another subject, but I am doing OCR, so let me know how the first few lessons go.
(It's the H472 course if that's the one you're doing.)
I sit between two girls in one of my subjects. :sexface:

Spoiler

Original post by ColossalAtom

You're in quite a conundrum! :biggrin: lol
I'm sure you'll get used to them :u:
Original post by _Hafsa
Is it weird that I'm actually jealous of everyone having their first day already. I don't start till Thursday. :redface:

That was me last week when people were going in for induction days :biggrin:
Original post by extraordinaire
That was me last week when people were going in for induction days :biggrin:

I haven't even had my induction day yet , I feel so left out :frown::tongue:
Does anyone else start extraordinarily late for Year 12?

I don't start 'til Monday 12th..
Aww that's cool. Which one are you most excited for? Are you nervous at all for tomorrow? :smile:

Hii haha ik!and im excited for all tbh 😃 biology is my favourite,got history tomorrow but its soo nice to see everyone again!wbu?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom

LMAO !! You'll get used to it :biggrin:
Original post by skhan99
Hii haha ik!and im excited for all tbh 😃 biology is my favourite,got history tomorrow but its soo nice to see everyone again!wbu?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Little bit nervous because I don't really know anyone going there but really excited to start studying again. It's been so boring over the summer, I just want to get back to work :biggrin:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
You're in quite a conundrum! :biggrin: lol
I'm sure you'll get used to them :u:

Original post by nisha.sri
LMAO !! You'll get used to it :biggrin:

But they smell good. :coma:
I've got induction tomorrow. So nervous! I really hope I'll be alright? Anyone got any tips for making new friends? Sorta need that sort of help
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I've got induction tomorrow. So nervous! I really hope I'll be alright? Anyone got any tips for making new friends? Sorta need that sort of help

Just start talking to people :smile: Usually the new people because they don't know anyone.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX

Talk to people you know/don't know and find people taking the same subjects as you
Original post by _Hafsa
I haven't even had my induction day yet , I feel so left out :frown::tongue:

At least you've got time to prepare! Just make sure you've got the right equipment and enjoy your time off

Latest