The Student Room Group

UCL vs KCL/Bristol

Which one would be better for getting into banking or trading? Provided that I've got the necessary extracurricular activities and the personality
Original post by shanktheopps
Which one would be better for getting into banking or trading? Provided that I've got the necessary extracurricular activities and the personality

UCL, did you read the FAQ in this forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Feel like for baking and trading, the reputation of the university is important.
Bristol is prestigious and has good reputation, but I think London universities have the edge. Im my opinion, UCL is the better one for you out of these 3. UCL then KCL then Bristol.
If you go Kings I wouldn't even bother applying, you basically have no chance the uni is rubbish.

Obviously UCL is the best but Bristol is good, Kings just lol.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
If you go Kings I wouldn't even bother applying, you basically have no chance the uni is rubbish.

This is rubbish, KCL is perfectly adequate. Couple mates there secured SWs and converted - as have my mates at Bristol and UCL, obvs more at UCL than the other two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of applying to both ucl and kcl

Go for it.. You don't need our opinion on your uni choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't.
Original post by Princepieman
Go for it.. You don't need our opinion on your uni choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and I just read the FAQ very helpful
Thanks and I just read the FAQ very helpful

No problem, good luck with your UCAS application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't.

Hahaha **** you I'm applying what you gonna do fam
I would throw KCL out. In my opinion its only good for law.

Bristol and UCL are two viable options.
Hahaha **** you I'm applying what you gonna do fam

Nothing?

it's your life you're ruining not mine lmfao.
Nothing?

Ok alrighty then
Original post by glebp
I would throw KCL out. In my opinion its only good for law.

Bristol and UCL are two viable options.

Is it really that bad? It's near where I live so I thought I would apply but the econ course there is new and not great but I thought the overall reputation of the uni was pretty good. The people there seem nice as well

The problem with Bristol is that I'd have to move out
Is it really that bad? It's near where I live so I thought I would apply but the econ course there is new and not great but I thought the overall reputation of the uni was pretty good. The people there seem nice as well

I have a similar problem to you, I'd much prefer to stay in London but I might have to move out if I don't get into a good London uni

To answer you're question, UCL is better but kcl and Bristol are semi-targets so you can still get into banking from those unis
(edited 7 years ago)

It's reaaaally not, they're just winding you up

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, its alright. But it doesn't breed bankers, you feel me? Also its considered inferior compared to UCL, something I could not live with if I went there.
Nothing?

I think you'll find KCL has some pretty decent relationships within the industry, also, you're literally next door to the city. Your networking ops will be amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending