The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Which ones don't have the numerical/verbal tests?Think it was said earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if those were the ones that did or didn't have them!
Original post by bobb99998
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5035895&ownertype=fair&posting_code=318

yes?

you say tweak the search for insight programs which options did you press I can only see intern NOT insight

"early year"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
hahaha yh man i knew about bny, wanted to keep that on the dl cos several of our mates got that :') i'll pm you a few links today or tomorrow btw re 1st yr SA

So is the barclays one general seo member or for the fast track members only?

No idea actually, maybe ask gr8wiz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 723
Original post by Princepieman

Are you sure its open? I can see summer but not spring?
Original post by astone96
Which ones don't have the numerical/verbal tests?Think it was said earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if those were the ones that did or didn't have them!

BNPP/GS/JPM/Nomura/Barclays and HSBC is now just a situational judgement test, not a numerical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The sandwich course is optional anyway, so if you want to apply this year - apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah at my uni its compulsory. You need to have extenuating circumstances
to not do it and even then only the dean of the uni can exempt you from it. But I really wanna just apply anyways because if I get a first in my first year I'm 100% transferring to another uni.
Original post by queenofdarkness
Nah at my uni its compulsory. You need to have extenuating circumstances
to not do it and even then only the dean of the uni can exempt you from it. But I really wanna just apply anyways because if I get a first in my first year I'm 100% transferring to another uni.

Ah, fair game. Heard of people doing that so go ahead, but you'd need to put 2019 down as the grad date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
Is everyone just putting down 1st (Expected) for university grade?
Ah, fair game. Heard of people doing that so go ahead, but you'd need to put 2019 down as the grad date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But there's my dilemma..say I don't get the first needed to transfer so I'm stuck doing the four year course at my current uni it looks as if I'm lying...I would think that the recruitment teams wouldn't really give much of a crap(well I hope)
Original post by queenofdarkness
But there's my dilemma..say I don't get the first needed to transfer so I'm stuck doing the four year course at my current uni it looks as if I'm lying...I would think that the recruitment teams wouldn't really give much of a crap(well I hope)

Nah, people 'change their mind' to do four year courses all the time and reapply to SWs. So not much of a risk, but generally I'd advise waiting to people with four yr programmes because you can really build up your CV in that extra year of prep.

Recruitment knows this happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea actually, maybe ask gr8wiz

Posted from TSR Mobile

shout :smile: (Y)
Reply 731
hsbc has a first yr summer you apply to, as does bny mellon

barclays is only if you're a member of SEO and get picked for, do and excel at their spring week. normally 5-10 or so folks picked for the first yr scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First year at my program who got offer from Barclays doing summer the same year. He/she got it through spring week and is not a member of SEO.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does Noruma do a technology SW? if so, I cannot find it??

thx!
Original post by Aran2121
Does Noruma do a technology SW? if so, I cannot find it??

thx!

sw is for all divisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
BNPP/GS/JPM/Nomura/Barclays and HSBC is now just a situational judgement test, not a numerical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nomura has a numerical test.
Original post by Vegan_
Nomura has a numerical test.

Ffs, another changed process. Cheers for the heads up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

and a logic test
Original post by chrisidialu
and a logic test

Cheers. Looks like it's just Barc/JPM/GS confirmed with no tests (barc has a weird new thing but isn't timed). BNPP could change now too, who even knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 738
Original post by chrisidialu
and a logic test

Is this an automatic one after the numerical? (I haven't taken the numerical yet)
Reply 739

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh ikr :frown: np dude

Latest

Trending

Trending