The Student Room Group

A Level sciences

I was thinking about doing Maths, Biology & Chemistry. Is this a good idea, I'm currently getting A*'s in maths, and A's in biology & chemistry. I am worried that it will be a lot of science and two might be too much to study for? would I be better swapping one for another subject and just putting my time towards the one science? Thanks!!
If you can handle it all then definitely go ahead but you must make sure you work hard from the very start - that means going through all your subjects after school 1 hr per subject so you make sure you understand whatever was taught that day and also never hesitate to ask if you don't understand :smile:
Original post by JTellie
I was thinking about doing Maths, Biology & Chemistry. Is this a good idea, I'm currently getting A*'s in maths, and A's in biology & chemistry. I am worried that it will be a lot of science and two might be too much to study for? would I be better swapping one for another subject and just putting my time towards the one science? Thanks!!

Too much in the sense of being too though to learn? no, not really. There are students who have taken triple sciences (like me) and they had no great problems to cope with. On the contrary, some of them ha even fun to learn triple science (like me*:h:).*

Have you a passion for this combination and for the single subjects in particular? are you willing to learn a lot and in addition to it? is it even a pleasure for you to learn in detail in terms of those subjects? so, it is a good idea. The learning contents in those ones are extended.
Reply 3
Original post by JTellie

When AS was still separate to A2, I did these three subjects in addition to another two subjects, and it was difficult but manageable :smile: I had the same GCSE grades as you are currently getting. If anything, doing sciences together makes it easier because they complement each other.

Quick Reply