The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Nursing Students Feb 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lia_b97
Hey I'm studying Adult Nursing in Feb 2017 and I'm from Ireland too! Are you going to apply for accommodation in the student Halls ?

Hi!
I think I'm going to stay in halls because i feel like it would be easier to settle in.
You?
What part of Ireland are you from?
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 21
Cool stuff , I was thinking Halls too because it would be great for making friends😃😃 I'm from Ennis , Co.Clare! What part are you from?
Original post by Lia_b97
Cool stuff , I was thinking Halls too because it would be great for making friends😃😃 I'm from Ennis , Co.Clare! What part are you from?

Exactly yeah!
Plus I feel like if I looked elsewhere I'd feel super isolated haha!
Im from Limerick, just around the corner from you haha!
Did you do a PLC or are you just out of leaving cert? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by kaattiiee19
Exactly yeah!
Plus I feel like if I looked elsewhere I'd feel super isolated haha!
Im from Limerick, just around the corner from you haha!
Did you do a PLC or are you just out of leaving cert? :smile:

That's just it, it's all about making loads of friends and especially when your moving country's 😂 Ahh Limerick, sure your my neighbour! I just finished leaving cert there and I'm working at the moment till February! Are just finished the leaving cert too?
Reply 24
Original post by Lia_b97
That's just it, it's all about making loads of friends and especially when your moving country's 😂 Ahh Limerick, sure your my neighbour! I just finished leaving cert there and I'm working at the moment till February! Are just finished the leaving cert too?

You*
Original post by Lia_b97

Exactly haha I'm so nervous about not knowing anyone 🙈
I did my leaving in 2015 and did a pre-nursing PLC, best thing I ever did!
I'm working till February too! Gotta do something to pass the time 😂
Reply 26
Exactly haha I'm so nervous about not knowing anyone 🙈
I did my leaving in 2015 and did a pre-nursing PLC, best thing I ever did!
I'm working till February too! Gotta do something to pass the time 😂
Nice one indeed😃 It's great to have done the Pre nursing course I'd say, That's just it, Id love to keep in touch 😃
Original post by Lia_b97
Nice one indeed😃 It's great to have done the Pre nursing course I'd say, That's just it, Id love to keep in touch 😃

Yeah it really gave me time to decide exactly what I wanted to do. I feel like during the LC i was so stressed about everything I just picked anything!
PM me your Facebook! It would be great to know someone when I get there haha!
Reply 28
Yeah it really gave me time to decide exactly what I wanted to do. I feel like during the LC i was so stressed about everything I just picked anything!
PM me your Facebook! It would be great to know someone when I get there haha!
Very true , yes of course😃 I messaged you there but I don't know if it went through, my name on FB is Lia Byrne anyway
Original post by Lia_b97
Very true , yes of course😃 I messaged you there but I don't know if it went through, my name on FB is Lia Byrne anyway

Yeah it came through, I just messaged you back, it wont give me the option to add you for some reason 😂
Katie Williams is my name on it!
Reply 30
I was considering staying on campus to make some friends for the first year.
How about you?

Hey, I'm looking for student accommodation near the uni.
Original post by rae rae
Hey, I'm looking for student accommodation near the uni.

I was looking into that but anyone I've asked has said you'd feel quite isolated.
I know it would be more convenient thought
If you're still considering your options, there's lots of useful information on our website about accommodation near Uxbridge. Don't forget you can also choose to stay at our halls of residence in High Wycombe, and there's a free student shuttle bus that runs between campuses.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Look forward to seeing you in February!
Reply 33
I was considering staying on campus to make some friends for the first year.
How about you?

I'm looking for accommodation near the Uxbridge campus.
Reply 34
I got a place and I want to live in campus although I live in London
Hi all
I left another uni last month after not passing year one. Do you think Bucks could accept me to start from scratch in Feb? I am trying to weigh up my options....
Original post by pepesilvia
Hi all
I left another uni last month after not passing year one. Do you think Bucks could accept me to start from scratch in Feb? I am trying to weigh up my options....

Hi pepesilvia,

I've had a chat to our Admissions Team and they have advised that it is unlikely we would be able to consider an application from you for the February intake at this take. We may however be able to consider an application from you for September 2017. You would be required to submit a new UCAS application, including updated qualifications. You would also need to declare that you had already started a nursing course at a different institution. If suitable from your application you would also need to successfully pass our selection day, which includes numeracy and literacy assessments and interviews.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Bucks New University.
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in Bucks New University and congratulations to those of you who have been invited to a selection day or been offered places!

Just to let you know that Katherine, one of our current Children's nursing students, has started a new thread called 'Any questions??' - do feel free to post on this thread too if there's anything you want to ask her!

We're also running a nursing open day on 7 January, so if you want to come and have a look around or there's anything else you want to ask, you can book your place online.

We hope to see you soon!

Bucks New University.
Hi all,

I'm a current student at Bucks studying Children's Nursing in my second year, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away! :smile:

Katherine
Hey I'm studying adult nursing in February 2017 and I'm from Ireland :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending