The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Original post by Rk2k14
Might have wanted 4 but if a guy like Kante is available you don't pass it up.

How Rooney starts for club and country is a myth.

Yeah no idea how Rooney starts.
#Numbers
And to top it off, Big Sam says he can't tell Rooney where to play as he has played more international football than he has! Even more ludicrous than Van Gaal saying his captain had special privileges, namely that he couldn't drop him from the team if he wasn't performing. Rooney should have retired after the Euros and this 'retirement' announcement is laughable - he knows he's not the player he was and the scrutiny his role in the team is having yet he wants to build up the appearance/goals records and have some sort of finale in Russia and have a 'legacy'. It's incredibly transparent. Like Beckham who carried on, being part of the England set-up aids your brand awareness I'd imagine..
The thing that I don't get is, all the fans want him gone, but all the pros, whether it be players, former players, or managers, swear by him.

Baffling.
England captain= can't be criticised no matter how **** you are.

Neville knew when his time was up. When will Rooney?
Reply 2745
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/10565444/wayne-rooney-defends-england-role-after-win-in-slovakia

Yeah Sam Allardyce is a joke.

Pep would have got Rooney out the team ages ago.
Rashford scoring a hatrick on his England U21 debut...
Can people stop dick sucking Rashford jesus.

Yes he has potential to be a good player but don't hype him up like no tomorrow. People be talking about him like he's the next Messi :lol:
Original post by trapking

Yes he has potential to be a good player but don't hype him up like no tomorrow. People be talking about him like he's the next Messi :lol:

What a shite ****ing post. As a United fan, how can you not be as excited as we all are about Rashford? He's still only 18 FFS.

I agree with the Messi part though. His game is more similar to Eusebio's.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
What a shite ****ing post. As a United fan, how can you not be as excited as we all are about Rashford? He's still only 18 FFS.

I agree with the Messi part though. His game is more similar to Eusebio's.

Who said I'm not excited?

I fully acknowledge his talent but what I hate is when people constantly hype him up like no tomorrow as if he's the only 18 year old in the world that possess's this talent :lol:
Who said I'm not excited?

I fully acknowledge his talent but what I hate is when people constantly hype him up like no tomorrow as if he's the only 18 year old in the world that possess's this talent :lol:

He is the best 18 year old in the world though
Original post by Kenan and Kel
He is the best 18 year old in the world though

Hmm that's a bold statement. How are you supporting that claim?
Isn't hype an essential element of fandom? Otherwise its basically just preference or admiration. Getting gassed over things is part of it.
Hmm that's a bold statement. How are you supporting that claim?

Name one better

He is the Messiah that was sent to rescue Manchester United from the depths of despair, and lead the English national team to glory in 2018. Wilshere and Rooney were false prophets.
Original post by swirly
He is the Messiah that was sent to rescue Manchester United from the depths of despair, and lead the English national team to glory in 2018. Wilshere and Rooney were false prophets.

his rod and staff they comfort me
Original post by difeo
Name one better

depends how picky you're gonna get some have only just turned 19....

but if youre gonna be picky and say 18 then someone like Ibrahima sissoko for example (Strade Brest) is a good upcoming talent.

but if youre gonna be picky and say 18 then someone like Ibrahima sissoko for example (Strade Brest) is a good upcoming talent.

I mean are we gunna act like you watch stadium breast or ?
Original post by swirly
I mean are we gunna act like you watch stadium breast or ?

well no but that's not my point...

my point is it's a bold claim to say he's the best in the world and that no other players his age are as good :indiff:

Scoring 1 in 2 in the PL and already capped for England vs yet to make his debut for his Ligue 2 team and not even reached the France U21s doesn't seem much of a competition

Latest