The Student Room Group

Re-mark. Urgent

Hi guys. I'm filling the form for my Biology Edexcel Unit 4 Re-mark. I got an A* off 1 mark (UMS=105). I'm really confused and I do not know whether i should go for it or not. I'm gonna resit unit 4 anyway,i guess.
I have a lot of questions and I am very confused.
If my 105 UMS is not an A* in the individual unit, did I lose my A* chance in my overall A2?
I asked this question ^^over a million times and nobody answers me straightforwardly. But please can someone urgently tell me?

In more details, Do i need to get an a* in each individual unit to get an a* overall. Or do i just need to get 270 UMS, even if i lost all the 30 UMS in a single unit?
nope, getting say A* A* A means youll still get an A* so dont worry
Original post by Rainbowcorn
nope, getting say A* A* A means youll still get an A* so dont worry

Phew. Would you recommend a recheck though? My mom and my tutor are gonna force me to do a resit anyway and i'm so stressed
Original post by nadaezraturner
Phew. Would you recommend a recheck though? My mom and my tutor are gonna force me to do a resit anyway and i'm so stressed

if youre resitting then no point remarking. I'd either do 1 or the other. If you're sure you can get A* then resit, however you have to be aware that your mark can go up or down when resitting OR remarking
you did brilliantly so honestly i wouldn't bother resitting or remarking!
Original post by Rainbowcorn
if youre resitting then no point remarking. I'd either do 1 or the other. If you're sure you can get A* then resit, however you have to be aware that your mark can go up or down when resitting OR remarking
you did brilliantly so honestly i wouldn't bother resitting or remarking!

I don't want to resit it honestly, and i'm so stressed about it. I don't want to go over the whole work again and redo the past papers. (my plan is to focus on just unit 5 and 6 this session and get high UMS to compensate for my 15 lost UMS, instead of dividing my work on unit 4 too)But honestly I'll have to do it because i'm aiming for an A* and the space of 15 marks for both Unit 5 and 6, is kind of narrow.What do you think?(p.s. i need an A* for uni requirements)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nadaezraturner
I don't want to resit it honestly, and i'm so stressed about it. I don't want to go over the whole work again and redo the past papers. (my plan is to focus on just unit 5 and 6 this session and get high UMS to compensate for my 15 lost UMS, instead of dividing my work on unit 4 too)But honestly I'll have to do it because i'm aiming for an A* and the space of 15 marks for both Unit 5 and 6, is kind of narrow.What do you think?(p.s. i need an A* for uni requirements)

i think if you're hard working (i can tell you are!) then sure, however again, unless you really want to (which you dont) or NEED too maybe don't bother? Also depends on uni as some unis will compensate a few lost marks with a good personal statement etc etc. However, this is ultimately your decision and your consequences, no one can decide for you! good luck

Quick Reply

Latest