The Student Room Group

Help for bank

I am hoping to apply for uni in 2018 so I am thinking to apply for loans. I wanted to be pre-ready so I want to make a bank account and I am not really sure where I should make a bank account. Help please?
Original post by onamica9
I am hoping to apply for uni in 2018 so I am thinking to apply for loans. I wanted to be pre-ready so I want to make a bank account and I am not really sure where I should make a bank account. Help please?

Do you currently have a job?

Do you currently have a bank account at all?

Do you have savings?

There are two main types

Current account (a basic account for storing money which you can either withdraw or spend)

Then there are student accounts which can only be opened after getting a place at university.
These student accounts come with benefits and usually an interest free overdraft (0%) meaning you can borrow money without it costing you any extra.
Also student finance doesn't open until the January before you start UNI
Reply 3

Spoiler

Nope I don't have a bank acc
I don't have savings and I don't have a job. I am 16 and I wanted to have a bank account which maybe is going to be used for taking out loans when I am 18 and finished my A - Level. :smile:
If you have no use for a bank account now, it is too early to open one. The one that is the best now, may not be that good in couple of year's time. Feel free to open any old account now, but when you become a student make sure you pick the best account for you. For me, there is only one page on the internet that is up-to-date and has all the information you need

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by ByEeek
If you have no use for a bank account now, it is too early to open one. The one that is the best now, may not be that good in couple of year's time. Feel free to open any old account now, but when you become a student make sure you pick the best account for you. For me, there is only one page on the internet that is up-to-date and has all the information you need

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account

Good luck!

Thankxxx!!!!! :smile::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending