The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
104677:smile:You really know how to make people feel better cheese.

do I not :wink:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

:wink: good to hear!
Haha! Nice find :yy:
Wow :gah: good job!
Sounds pretty +ve then!

:tongue: nah just blind - you're not an idiot :console:

Yep! :smile: I had an EE SIM with £2.70 on it, left over from a PAYG SIM promotion. It originally had £10 on it, the other £7 or so got used up a few weeks back. Now it has 40p on it, which I don't care if that gets wiped off it.
Giffgaff, I had £3 on it, which is now gone - I used it to keep my SIM active, as Giffgaff is a good way of testing how good (or bad) the O2 network is in my area.

I was listening to Capital FM earlier today and they did a return of their "Cash Call" competition whereby you listen out for a given song, and keep note of how many songs played up until and including the song from the artist you are listening out for. You then have the duration of the track to text in - afterwards a winner will be picked at random to win the money.
Here's a link to Capital FM's website, about the competition:
http://www.capitalfm.com/win/capitals-cash-call/

Didn't win but at least the leftover credit on my SIMs went towards that, rather than simply expiring! :tongue:

:jive:
Original post by spotify95
Yep! :smile: I had an EE SIM with £2.70 on it, left over from a PAYG SIM promotion. It originally had £10 on it, the other £7 or so got used up a few weeks back. Now it has 40p on it, which I don't care if that gets wiped off it.
Giffgaff, I had £3 on it, which is now gone - I used it to keep my SIM active, as Giffgaff is a good way of testing how good (or bad) the O2 network is in my area.
I was listening to Capital FM earlier today and they did a return of their "Cash Call" competition whereby you listen out for a given song, and keep note of how many songs played up until and including the song from the artist you are listening out for. You then have the duration of the track to text in - afterwards a winner will be picked at random to win the money.
Here's a link to Capital FM's website, about the competition:
http://www.capitalfm.com/win/capitals-cash-call/
Didn't win but at least the leftover credit on my SIMs went towards that, rather than simply expiring! :tongue:

:smile: haha
lol omg :rofl: way to spend it XD
lol ok I will look but calling a night soon :wink:

:dance:
Original post by 04MR17
104619You're doing A Level Maths? If you have any trouble just PM me. I take it you're doing Edexcel? What is your applied unit?To be honest it wasn't that. I didn't want anyone close to me in the leaderboard taking it, so I tagged you in asking you to take it as you're not a threat to me (yet :security:). #tactics
I had the 503 error, and then another different error a little time after - probably one caused the other but yeah. Today's been a bit temperamental!
By the way, where are we up to re society?Hi, welcome to CTAM!

Haha, awesome tactics then :smile: And it was appreciated :smile:

Maybe, once I've got a couple more hundreds in the bag, I won't be so lucky... :wink:

Tell me about it, todays the worst the site has been for ages! It also seems to be very CPU intensive on my machine, which doesn't help as it's already cooking itself...

Haven't got a clue, I'll update you soon :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)

:tumble:
104,688 :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha, awesome tactics then :smile: And it was appreciated :smile:Maybe, once I've got a couple more hundreds in the bag, I won't be so lucky... :wink:

Tell me about it, todays the worst the site has been for ages! It also seems to be very CPU intensive on my machine, which doesn't help as it's already cooking itself...

Haven't got a clue, I'll update you soon :smile:

Race you to the 100 :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Why aren't my caps working? :angry:

:flute:
:smile: haha
lol omg :rofl: way to spend it XD
lol ok I will look but calling a night soon :wink:

I didn't need to ring or text anyone with it because it was a test SIM card in the first place, not a primary SIM card, so no one would recognize my number anyway! :tongue:

And anyway, use up some useless credit to try and win a prize on a competition? Not a bad thing to do, though the chances of winning were very slim anyway :biggrin:

Okay :biggrin:

Oh, and btw, Capital are playing an awesome song at the moment :biggrin: something to play when the dogs next door start howling!

I didn't need to ring or text anyone with it because it was a test SIM card in the first place, not a primary SIM card, so no one would recognize my number anyway! :tongue:

And anyway, use up some useless credit to try and win a prize on a competition? Not a bad thing to do, though the chances of winning were very slim anyway :biggrin:

Okay :biggrin:

Oh, and btw, Capital are playing an awesome song at the moment :biggrin: something to play when the dogs next door start howling!

haha lol ok :smile:
Original post by mr T 999

:flute:

Caps lock will not work if everything in the post is caps lock, but if there is a mix of upper and lower cases then caps lock will work.

So if you just want to post :biggrin: then post :biggrin: instead (the second one is : biggrin :, without the spaces obviously)

haha lol ok :smile:

When I was back with Virgin Mobile, I had to switch between various test SIMs as Virgin Mobile was a steaming pile of rubbish. No 4G, no tethering (though I tethered anyway), 3.5gb limits on "unlimited" SIMs... it was a shambles!
Oh, and James_W had the nerve to kick me off his forums... :mad: Me and pinkteddyx64 will NEVER forgive him for that!

Caps lock will not work if everything in the post is caps lock, but if there is a mix of upper and lower cases then caps lock will work.

So if you just want to post :biggrin: then post :biggrin: instead (the second one is : biggrin :, without the spaces obviously)

It won't let me post : D (minus the space) to get that :biggrin: :unimpressed:

Latest