The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applying to UBS character limit includes spaces... Just tripped up one that:s-smilie:
How many apps has everyone sent off already?
Original post by adi_nayak1
How many apps has everyone sent off already?

6 completely (tests done etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwith
I just applied with an alternative e-mail address btw x)

Be careful tho, I heard that if you apply with two different email addresses to the same firm they could see your application as "duplicate" and reject it
When you send an application off, do the recruitment team receive that application there and then?

I've accidentally re-submitted one of my applications after logging into the company's website to check it's status - the 'date of application' has changed to todays date and now I'm worried that a wrong version of the application has been submitted.
Original post by fred_morgan
Be careful tho, I heard that if you apply with two different email addresses to the same firm they could see your application as "duplicate" and reject it

That's true, though it is usually montioned.
Citi doesn't state anyhing in their TOS, so this should not be the case!
I think there's just an error with their system (my old account had an username, not an email to login, it's totally different!)
What did people in final year decide to do about Barclays? Summer or off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwith
That's true, though it is usually montioned.
Citi doesn't state anyhing in their TOS, so this should not be the case!
I think there's just an error with their system (my old account had an username, not an email to login, it's totally different!)

Even if you haven't applied since last year? Which banks state that? I have only seen it for Credit Suisse
Original post by A12R34
I applied to Citi 3 days ago and am yet to get sent a test. Is it meant to be 24 hours?

they have always screened before test previous years moite
damn laz already doing ACs for summers ? da hell.
don't you guys network before sending apps ? i've spent the last month and half trying to reach out to folks in groups i want to join.
hopefully to have them highlight my resume to HR so i can get an ITW.
but seeing as everybody is moving along, i'll aim to finish all apps by end of sept. Prince what's your input on that ?
Anyone know what conversion rates were like this summer? Was JP/BAML really high as usual and the boutiques/GS/MS pretty low?
Original post by athrowaway
Anyone know what conversion rates were like this summer? Was JP/BAML really high as usual and the boutiques/GS/MS pretty low?

Barclays was approx 40% for IBD. Morgan Stanley was approx 65% for S&T from speaking to friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by savonarola
don't you guys network before sending apps ? i've spent the last month and half trying to reach out to folks in groups i want to join.
but seeing as everybody is moving along, i'll aim to finish all apps by end of sept. Prince what's your input on that ?

I got quite a few first rounds last year with pretty much no networking. I think it's more a US thing but absolutely definitely helps if you have a good relationship, especially if you can highlight it on your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely get them sent off in September. It's not worth delaying them just in the hope some person will fast track your application to first round interview. If you're a good candidate (plenty of experience/things to talk about and good course/university etc) you'll make it through to the first round interview usually. You can always network throughout October and then name drop in interviews/assessment centres.

Up to you mate really. If networking beforehand is important to you, then go for it, just be mindful of when deadlines are and if others are already quite advanced in the process.

Certainly doesn't hurt to network.

EDIT: echo everyone else, the online application system here makes it easier to get through without networking as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone applying for off cycle for barclays?
Original post by juventus100
anyone applying for off cycle for barclays?

I might do tomorrow, yes. Not fully decided yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
I might do tomorrow, yes. Not fully decided yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you looked at the positions available online? I can only see 2 roles available - 'banking off cycle internship' and 'quant analytics off cycle'.

Do you know whether they are doing separate IBD vs S&T positions or is everything bundled into the 'banking off cycle internship' and we just apply for that lol
Anybody knows what kind of questions are going to be asked in the Barclays video interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending