Original post by Mesosleepy
Commuting from Ponders end. RIP sleep

Commuting from edge of Enfield/Hertfordshire gg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by maddysampson
I'm commuting from the medway and maidstone area in Kent and studying war studies with history!

Im also commuting from Kent but Tunbridge Wells area! Studying chemistry :smile:
Original post by darkskies
Hey! There's a Facebook group for those commuting so we can all get to know each other a bit more before Uni begins :smile:https://m.facebook.com/groups/170745203357568?ref=bookmarksYou're more than welcome to join

Link appears to be broken

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Pkk998
Me too! :smile: are you excited?

Yes, I'm super excited. Cant wait to buy all the stationary!
Hey guys there's an official Facebook group chat for those commuting. If you're interested in joining PM me your Facebook name and I'll add you
Reply 25
Is anyone going to the student ubion's 'studying at home' event tomorrow aimed at students who will be living at home while at uni?
Original post by GB11
Is anyone going to the student ubion's 'studying at home' event tomorrow aimed at students who will be living at home while at uni?

I am :smile: 5pm at Guy's Campus, right??
Reply 27
Original post by tribiasfour
I am :smile: 5pm at Guy's Campus, right??

That's right! I don't know whether to get somebody to cover me at work so I can go along.
Reply 28
Original post by GB11

what is that? cant find any info on it
Reply 29
Original post by templao
what is that? cant find any info on it

I just happened to come across it yesterday on the King's Student Union homepage.

https://www.kclsu.org
Reply 30
Original post by GB11
I just happened to come across it yesterday on the King's Student Union homepage.

https://www.kclsu.org

ohh thank you
but i cant even go :frown:
is there any chance that those of you going would be able to let us know what sort of thing was said please? I can't make it as there's no way I'd get the time off work for it:frown:
Original post by amywood21
Im also commuting from Kent but Tunbridge Wells area! Studying chemistry :smile:

what are you planning on doing about freshers?
Reply 33
is there any chance that those of you going would be able to let us know what sort of thing was said please? I can't make it as there's no way I'd get the time off work for it:frown:

Sure - if I can get the time off myself! I think it's a social thing as well as an event where you can ask questions!
Original post by GB11
Sure - if I can get the time off myself! I think it's a social thing as well as an event where you can ask questions!

thank you! hopefully you can go and then we can actually find out a bit more about how to do the whole living at home thing! I'm a bit worried about having like a half hour to an hour long lecture as then I'd have to travel all the way up there only to be there for an hour:/ I'm hoping KCL have some things in place to make it easier for us commuters!
Reply 35
thank you! hopefully you can go and then we can actually find out a bit more about how to do the whole living at home thing! I'm a bit worried about having like a half hour to an hour long lecture as then I'd have to travel all the way up there only to be there for an hour:/ I'm hoping KCL have some things in place to make it easier for us commuters!

Completely agree! Where abouts are you coming from? I live just outside north London in Hertfordshire and will probably take me an hour to get in!
Original post by GB11
Completely agree! Where abouts are you coming from? I live just outside north London in Hertfordshire and will probably take me an hour to get in!

Yeah I live just outside london in north kent! loads of the commuters already live in london so all they have to do is hop on the tube so they can go to the freshers events a lot more easily than we can! I have to get the tube and then also the train that gets me out of london and then if I've been drinking I'd then also have to get a lift home:frown:
Reply 37
hey
can someone link the facebook group for commuters? thanks :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Pkk998
Exactly!! All the "back to school" shopping was always the most exciting time when starting a new academic year :biggrin:

Very true!! :h: Have you got all your stationary and stuff ready for uni yet?
Reply 39
Original post by Pkk998
I actually haven't! :redface: So unorganised this year, although it's hard to work out how much you need! Wbu? :smile:

Ahh, I've gotten like the main essentials but I get what you mean so I might wait a couple of lectures to add onto my stationary collection! What area are you commuting from?

Latest