The Student Room Group

Medicine with ABBB at AS level?

Hey, just wondering how likely would i be to get a place in medicine with AS grades of ABBB, applying this year?
A maths
B in 3 sciences

predicted AAA / A*AA

Thank you in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, How did you get predicted an A with a B at AS?, Did you do school internal exams or the actual AS? Nevertheless you're grades are very good.
Original post by MathSci1999
Hey, just wondering how likely would i be to get a place in medicine with AS grades of ABBB, applying this year?
A maths
B in 3 sciences

predicted AAA / A*AA

Thank you in advance :smile:

Try the medicine page, it can be found under university courses.
Original post by Not_a_horse
Hmm, How did you get predicted an A with a B at AS?, Did you do school internal exams or the actual AS? Nevertheless you're grades are very good.

i was 1 off in chem, 3 off in physics and 4 off in biology thats why i think, also i didnt try my best and i think my teachers are aware of that aswell.
Original post by Lot7
I'm applying with AABB. Going to give it a shot as it seems like uni's are mainly looking at predicted grades this year as not everyone has done AS levels. What advice have your school/ college given?

I have not asked them yet.

i was thinking of doing engineering before now, but now having second thoughts
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
Try the medicine page, it can be found under university courses.

Thank you :smile:

And yh i did the actual AS exams, and thank you :smile:
And yh i did the actual AS exams, and thank you :smile:

In my school we had really hard internal exams(which the school made), the average in biology was like 55%, I just don't understand why we couldn't do the real ones as they are a better representation.
Reply 8
I got ABBBB at AS, predicted A*AA, and got three interviews and two offers :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
I got ABBBB at AS, predicted A*AA, and got three interviews and two offers :smile:

Well done, how strong was your work experience profile and personal statment , and ukcat??
In my school we had really hard internal exams(which the school made), the average in biology was like 55%, I just don't understand why we couldn't do the real ones as they are a better representation.

The real ones were very hard aswell, thus about 10% of my year getting straight U's. bearing in mind its a grammar school.
Based on our exams the avergae % in biology would have been below 40%, as the avaerage grade was about D
Reply 11
Well done, how strong was your work experience profile and personal statment , and ukcat??

Thanks :smile: I had two weeks of hospital work experience, six months volunteering at an after school club, and a summer of volunteering with Age UK - and I'd say the personal statement was pretty strong. My UKCAT was 695 average

Do you never get predicted an A with a B at AS?
Original post by Ezme39
Thanks :smile: I had two weeks of hospital work experience, six months volunteering at an after school club, and a summer of volunteering with Age UK - and I'd say the personal statement was pretty strong. My UKCAT was 695 average

Do you mind if I ask where you got offers from and your GCSEs?
Original post by _Lizabeth_
Do you never get predicted an A with a B at AS?

No, in my school it's very unlikely to do so, unless your cat died the night before the exam or something or you did well the whole year.
Reply 15
Do you mind if I ask where you got offers from and your GCSEs?

Sure :smile: my GCSEs were 5A*5A.
I was rejected pre-interview from Nottingham, and post-interview from Liverpool. I received offers from Keele and HYMS, and I am now attending HYMS.
No, in my school it's very unlikely to do so, unless your cat died the night before the exam or something or you did well the whole year.

:/ I got ABB and want AAA predicted but we haven't been told them yet :frown:
Reply 17

This is interesting. I've found it's fairly common to be predicted one grade above, unless it was a borderline grade

Depends how your teachers think of you and how you did throughout the year, my school is really odd though.
Reply 19

Email your teachers to explain the need for the AAA prediction. Mine didn't need any persuading, but it put my mind at ease

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending