The Student Room Group

What do you think of muslims who pray at work ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by !!mentor!!
Then you should contact your union. Get them to fight for your right to partake in religious activities. And if you contact your finance dept you may find that the sacrificed animals are tax deductible.

Animals?
Reply 41
as long as you do it in your breaks or at lunch then I don't really care. shouldn't be allowed these times though
While I'm not completely opposed to people praying at work, I think it would be quite distracting on a call floor. I also don't think it's fair on other colleagues if they're having to take extra calls while people are praying (or smoking) so I think anyone who does should make up the time either before or after their shift.
if it doesnt interrupt anyone else or interrupts the work then yeah
Original post by Good bloke
Animals?

Isn't that what you were insinuating with 'bloodied knives'?
It would be completely fine to me. They're just practicing their faith, nothing wrong there. Everyone has freedom to pray and to follow whatever religion they choose.
Original post by Sheikh Dat Ass

No smoking breaks, no prayer breaks, if you don't like it you're not cut out for the bigboy's world.

What if the management is ok with it ?
Original post by redleader1
What if the management is ok with it ?

Not my problem if they want to run their business sub-optimally. I'm rational however, if I was in charge and they're highly skilled I'd let them relax to prevent burnout, but unskilled workers would not be allowed to slack off.
Isn't that what you were insinuating with 'bloodied knives'?

The Aztecs did not sacrifice animals.
Original post by Good bloke
The Aztecs did not sacrifice animals.

Or maybe they did but they just didn't want to tell you because they didn't want you at the animal sacrifice party. You know, like, sometimes I host a party for my society in uni but I don't tell some of the members because I don't want them there.
(edited 7 years ago)
My biggest problem with is that my old work banned smoke/tea breaks other than the legally required breaks.

However the Muslims were allowed to stop working for prayer and had a prayer room. Also they were given easier tasks during Ramadan. I worked in the office of the business and was asked to move positions so they could do it as they had no energy due to fasting. I refused and protested the prayer breaks, I eventually won so whenever they got to pray I got do whatever I wanted during that time as well
Or maybe they did but they just didn't want to tell you because they didn't want you at the animal sacrifice party. You know, like, sometimes I host a party for my society in uni but I don't tell some of the members because I don't want them there.

I must admit that is a possibility. At our last ceremonial sacrifice I got a bit carried away in the heat of the moment and there was blood everywhere. However, I don't think they do.
Reply 52
Fair enough, let them pray. No different to a cigarette break, or a coffee break. As a Christian I've got to admit Muslims are far more dedicated to their prayers than a lot of Christians (including myself) are.
I don't think about muslims who pray at work. At work, I work.

Quick Reply

Latest