The Student Room Group

Staying at home during uni - freshers

Due to the fact that there is a really good course at a university less than 20 minutes away from my house, I've decided to stay at home for at least my first year. Does anyone have any tips on how to get through freshers week when living at home? I hear that people usually go out with flatmates, so I feel like i may be a bit at a disadvantage but idk :smile: any advice greatly welcomed

Original post by legodot
Due to the fact that there is a really good course at a university less than 20 minutes away from my house, I've decided to stay at home for at least my first year. Does anyone have any tips on how to get through freshers week when living at home? I hear that people usually go out with flatmates, so I feel like i may be a bit at a disadvantage but idk :smile: any advice greatly welcomed

try and reach out to others staying at home on the freshers facebook page*
Original post by legodot

Hello :smile:,

The best advice can give is; as long as you are willing to make the effort you will be absolutely fine. As the previous poster has stated, try and reach out to people on social media - it really does help and will help you make contact with people before university and attend Freshers with people.

At the same time, there is no shame in attending Freshers events alone - it's a great way to make friends and just start talking to people. Just chuck yourself in the deep end and enjoy your time!

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending