The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Ask a current student on the streatham campus!

Hi,
I'm a current Exeter University student on streatham campus. I'm going into my fourth year - studying biochemistry and I just got back from a year abroad.
Please feel free to ask me any questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by vlb206
Hi,
I'm a current Exeter University student on streatham campus. I'm going into my fourth year - studying biochemistry and I just got back from a year abroad.

How's the Sports Park?
Do you think the price for the different types of membership is reasonable?
What are the restaurants on campus like?
Where did you go for your year abroad? :smile:

Thanks in advance!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by eden3
How's the Sports Park?
Do you think the price for the different types of membership is reasonable?
What are the restaurants on campus like?
Where did you go for your year abroad? :smile:

Thanks in advance!

The sports park is actually really really good! I don't play a lot of sport but I do intramural netball up there, and I've done a few gym classes. It's a really really nice gym and yeah it's over priced but it's a better deal that you'll get in town.
On campus we have pieminister which is good (the sweet potato fries!!!), pret which is expensive, la touche cafe, costa, uhh some deli places? Generally I would say they're a bit overpriced but if you go to the Ram (our student pub) it's pretty cheap for burger and a pint :smile:

I went to Southern Mississippi and oh my gosh it was amazing.
Original post by vlb206
Hi,

What's the closest accommodation/s to the Streatham Campus? ( I'm thinking of studying business and don't want to walk too far!) & how far walk is it?
Reply 4
Original post by mahnoor202
What's the closest accommodation/s to the Streatham Campus? ( I'm thinking of studying business and don't want to walk too far!) & how far walk is it?

With business you'll want Rowe House, Lafrowda or St Germans. They're about 2 minutes away from the business school which is on the edge of campus :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much is a gym membership down there?

Also for the freshers week events, do you suggest pre-buying or buying once we get there
Reply 6
Original post by kingLAWZA
How much is a gym membership down there?

Also for the freshers week events, do you suggest pre-buying or buying once we get there

This is the link for the gym memberships: http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/join/membership/ There's a few options.

Um, well I bought once I got there because I wanted to see what my flatmates were doing :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by vlb206
The sports park is actually really really good! I don't play a lot of sport but I do intramural netball up there, and I've done a few gym classes. It's a really really nice gym and yeah it's over priced but it's a better deal that you'll get in town.
On campus we have pieminister which is good (the sweet potato fries!!!), pret which is expensive, la touche cafe, costa, uhh some deli places? Generally I would say they're a bit overpriced but if you go to the Ram (our student pub) it's pretty cheap for burger and a pint :smile:

I went to Southern Mississippi and oh my gosh it was amazing.

Thanks for answering! :biggrin: Sounds like you had a great time in the U.S.

I have a few more q's if you don't mind :colondollar::
- Where's the nearest supermarket, and what's the most practical way to get there? Is it within reasonable walking distance? I'll be living in Birks Grange if that helps at all
Reply 8
Original post by eden3
Thanks for answering! :biggrin: Sounds like you had a great time in the U.S.

I have a few more q's if you don't mind :colondollar::
- Where's the nearest supermarket, and what's the most practical way to get there? Is it within reasonable walking distance? I'll be living in Birks Grange if that helps at all

No worries! It was fantastic, well worth it to be honest!

Haha feel free :smile:
Nearest supermarket is probably the sainsbury's in the guildhall, it's a sainsbury's local and it's maybe 20-30 minute walk? Most people do online shopping orders in halls because it's such a long way away, and do a top up from 'marketplace' which is the uni shop.
Original post by vlb206
This is the link for the gym memberships: http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/join/membership/ There's a few options.

Um, well I bought once I got there because I wanted to see what my flatmates were doing :smile:

Is this located at the St Luke's campus?

And is the price for the whole year? it's twice as much as my gym back here :frown:
Reply 10
Is this located at the St Luke's campus?

And is the price for the whole year? it's twice as much as my gym back here :frown:

There's one on the streatham campus and one on the st lukes campus.
http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/facilities/stlukessportscentre/
I think it costs the same, but I'm not 100%.
Yeah it's for the whole year, unfortunately Exeter is not cheap :/
Original post by vlb206
There's one on the streatham campus and one on the st lukes campus.
http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/facilities/stlukessportscentre/
I think it costs the same, but I'm not 100%.
Yeah it's for the whole year, unfortunately Exeter is not cheap :/

The sports park is located on streatham campus i'm guessing?
Reply 12

Yeah it is, but there's a gym and an indoor swimming pool at St Lukes.
Reply 13

Correct
Reply 14
I'm not sure if you go, but if you do, does payg mean per month? Considering we have months off between terms it seems better

Pay as you go is for the whole year, but then you have to pay to go to the gym every time you go.
Original post by vlb206
Pay as you go is for the whole year, but then you have to pay to go to the gym every time you go.

Do you know how bus' work down there? Is there any card or do you pay for each journey
Original post by vlb206
Hi,

Hi, I'm not really sure what's going on with freshers. A friend of mine has bought a wristband for project ex and I was just wondering if it was a good option. I've looked at events goin on at the lemon grove on the students guild website and i fancied one or two. I don't really want to go out every night but i want the full experience ya know. Also, is the freshers ball a big deal? How fancy is the dress code and is it a good event to go to? Thank you
Hey! What about the buses situation between Streatham and St Lukes? I am doing Medical sciences and staying on Streatham (Ransom Pickard) and will have to get to st lukes. I read somewhere that there is a free shuttle bus - is that so?

Thanks,
Stan
Reply 18
Do you know how bus' work down there? Is there any card or do you pay for each journey

Honestly have no idea - I've never got the bus.

Original post by butterbea
Hi, I'm not really sure what's going on with freshers. A friend of mine has bought a wristband for project ex and I was just wondering if it was a good option. I've looked at events goin on at the lemon grove on the students guild website and i fancied one or two. I don't really want to go out every night but i want the full experience ya know. Also, is the freshers ball a big deal? How fancy is the dress code and is it a good event to go to? Thank you

I went to events at the lemon grove and enjoyed them a lot! The project ex stuff looks okay but goes to some quite expensive clubs.
Freshers ball is not a huge deal - a lot of people don't go! It's nice if you have friends going :smile: would be suits/dresses.

Original post by Stanimirr
Hey! What about the buses situation between Streatham and St Lukes? I am doing Medical sciences and staying on Streatham (Ransom Pickard) and will have to get to st lukes. I read somewhere that there is a free shuttle bus - is that so?

Thanks,
Stan

I honestly don't know but st Luke's is only a twenty minute walk from streatham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering what to do about sticking up posters and pictures etc on the walls? Dont want to lose the deposit because of some blue tac marks. What did you do about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending